ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Clio Turbo don't map cars :tongueclosed:

I said that about the intercooler as I thought it'd look loads better black and stealthy. He had a good point about it chipping though which i hadn't thought about.
He can do anything with windows xp and a bluetooth obd.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate looking good.

Who you getting to map it?
Thanks bro!

Chris at EFI i'm hoping mate. Just fired him a message today funnily enough. What was the backlog on days that were booked do you know?

Hoping for the end of April or so...

Looking great and great work mate!

Was going to ask if your keeping the FMIC silver or stealth?

Maybe me, but im not a lover of the side plate. Buts that's me being picky. You'll probably be going too fast round track for me to notice!

Thanks sexy. Im probably keeping it silver yeah, as much as I don't want to. As LEEDS9697505594 said, it would just chip and look s**t I reckon.

Haha yeah its more of function over form on that respect. Most likely going to get a smaller one to replace it as it looks a bit silly big. I want one the same size as @Chambers_RS ideally but it's deffo asking for trouble with the popo

Fuel line parts from the injectors to car chassis pipe has arrived so made that.

Original clio wouldn't push on nicely so got my own pipe and clips.

20170317_203421_zpsyyacierf.jpg

False floor mocked up

20170314_200104_zpszxmwutss.jpg

20170318_111710_HDR_zpsltvwww5n.jpg

And finally the above final piece has arrived so that I can actually try and fire it today. See if it turns over and fires. Really nervous and excited at the same time. Will film and see what happens...

RB Clio 182
Thanks bro!

Chris at EFI i'm hoping mate. Just fired him a message today funnily enough. What was the backlog on days that were booked do you know?

Hoping for the end of April or so...

Thanks sexy. Im probably keeping it silver yeah, as much as I don't want to. As LEEDS9697505594 said, it would just chip and look s**t I reckon.

Haha yeah its more of function over form on that respect. Most likely going to get a smaller one to replace it as it looks a bit silly big. I want one the same size as @Chambers_RS ideally but it's deffo asking for trouble with the popo

Fuel line parts from the injectors to car chassis pipe has arrived so made that.

Original clio wouldn't push on nicely so got my own pipe and clips.

20170317_203421_zpsyyacierf.jpg

False floor mocked up

20170314_200104_zpszxmwutss.jpg

20170318_111710_HDR_zpsltvwww5n.jpg

And finally the above final piece has arrived so that I can actually try and fire it today. See if it turns over and fires. Really nervous and excited at the same time. Will film and see what happens...
Hi mate hes f**king brilliant, i couldnt recommend him enough.

Its normally around a two week wait, and i have been to him 3/4 times now.

Also he doesnt answer emails fri sat and sun so dont panick, you will get one on Monday, he is very efficient with his emails and after care.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate hes f**king brilliant, i couldnt recommend him enough.

Its normally around a two week wait, and i have been to him 3/4 times now.

Also he doesnt answer emails fri sat and sun so dont panick, you will get one on Monday, he is very efficient with his emails and after care.
Thanks Tom, yeah I got an auto reply on facebook with that info. Appreciate the heads up. Is it around three hundred pounds? Im on an american keyboard apparently. haha

RB Clio 182
Thanks Tom, yeah I got an auto reply on facebook with that info. Appreciate the heads up. Is it around three hundred pounds? Im on an american keyboard apparently. haha
Im not sure mate because my original map was done in my package, i think he sends andy at ct the run in map for each car then Andy drives it up to be mapped.

So my car has always had an efi parts map on it for my build, which i have had tweaked after each time that the engine has gone pop, he charged me £150 for a couple of hrs each time, and once he didnt charge me a penny for it when i went back because he wasnt 100% sure if the fault was anything to do with the map or not.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all for the comments! Downside is before I started it I felt in/out play with the turbo. Bloody hell.

More expense... So I'm looking for a meg 250 turbo if anyone can keep their eyes out.

Clio 182
Send the turbo to A.R turbo engineering. Alan and Rob are great. They can test it and repair. We use them at work they always come back spot on. You will be surprised on the cost of it.
As noothloop said the oil pressure will take up any slack. There should be a very small amount of play.
But if you are worried give them a call.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well, after about a day of some hard-core man maths, convincing myself and thinking about the fact that I'd rather run a bigger turbo with less strain than a smaller turbo at its limit I just came home today with this...

20170325_172205_zps8boniwkg.jpg

Megane 250 turbo :smiley:

Made a dogbone courtesy of @Matt555 's idea however I'm going to look at getting something a little less harsh. Well aware of the Meganes sump cracking issue so will be adding some vibration dampening to it. Got a friend who says he will make me a dogbone mount for free out of the one that @JP83 kindly sent me . Thank you mate.

20170324_161506_zps4zddyr2t.jpg

Dropped my brembos off at a new contact i have made in Derby, he machines at home, has his own cnc milling machine and knows his stuff as he works for rolls Royce r and D. He's definitely inspired me with confidence and would recommend him. Sent me photos earlier on of his work.

IMG-20170325-WA0063_zpskddegkem.jpg

So I can now refurb them when I collect tomorrow.

Got the OS driveshaft in but require the bearing retaining bracket, does anyone have one lying around please?

20170324_150447_zpshuwotwat.jpg

Finally, mapping is booked at Chris at efi on the 2nd of may so I made a list of things to sort out prior to that!! Exciting

20170324_172056_zpsgrtzp8xv.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Excellent progress being made.

Would recommend you take the pins out of the calipers before you paint them, from just looking at the calipers I think you may have a challenge. A suitable punch and a big hammer (@jaswalker24 - what hammer would you advise 😂😂) should do it. You can get cheap brake pad fitting kits from euros etc.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman

Would recommend you take the pins out of the calipers before you paint them, from just looking at the calipers I think you may have a challenge. A suitable punch and a big hammer (@jaswalker24 - what hammer would you advise 😂😂) should do it. You can get cheap brake pad fitting kits from euros etc.
Angle grinder and 10 ton press worked for me, also fit mr pinks pin kit will save any hassle in future :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's getting there[emoji106]. Was that 5mm off the calipers? Maybe I should offer my services to do that!
Yes it was mate. Guys done that and changed my front wheel bearing for £40 so I can't complain there.

Cheers mate. I have a selection of punches so will get them out tonight!

Its getting there mate, what figures are you after?

Did your dog write that list out mate?

I'm after a comfortable 260/270 bhp. I've got uprated injectors, decat and r26r clutch so I'm hoping figures around there will be achievable. Anything extra is a bonus. What I don't want to do is push the car its absolute limit so everytime I'm out driving I'm wondering if it's going to make it home.

Yours felt crazy fast at 270bhp so anything like that would be spot on.

I'm going to be held back by the intercooler, I can tell that already, it's a cheap £50 eBay jobby. If they worked that well everyone would be using them not the £600 forge one online. I'm already knowing that that's going to be an issue, only time will tell though. Are you running the same one on your boost build?

RB Clio 182
Yes it was mate. Guys done that and changed my front wheel bearing for £40 so I can't complain there.

Cheers mate. I have a selection of punches so will get them out tonight!

I'm after a comfortable 260/270 bhp. I've got uprated injectors, decat and r26r clutch so I'm hoping figures around there will be achievable. Anything extra is a bonus. What I don't want to do is push the car its absolute limit so everytime I'm out driving I'm wondering if it's going to make it home.

Yours felt crazy fast at 270bhp so anything like that would be spot on.

I'm going to be held back by the intercooler, I can tell that already, it's a cheap £50 eBay jobby. If they worked that well everyone would be using them not the £600 forge one online. I'm already knowing that that's going to be an issue, only time will tell though. Are you running the same one on your boost build?
Im not sure which one Andy uses mate but i doubt they are expensive ones, i reckon youll be fine as long as theres no leaks etc, yea 270 is enough tbh, i always get worried about the pistons and rods as the meg ones are known to be a bit weak.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you bud, chis at efi is brilliant mate.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think it's the torque that kills the rods on the megane.
Chris will probably know but get ask him to wind it back as to keep the torque below 280ftlb and it should be pretty safe then

RB Clio 182
I think it's the torque that kills the rods on the megane.
Chris will probably know but get ask him to wind it back as to keep the torque below 280ftlb and it should be pretty safe then
Yea he does wind it back mate, he keeps the torque safe, mines had different torque figures each time, its currently at its highest torque figure of 270ftlb, its been as low as 248ftlb before the rebuild, although the hp is lower at 275 from 285, but it feels faster now with the extra surge of torque.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Tomalom.

Ordered the few final parts require now such as some random boost pipes, connector for the blow off valve etc. Should be able to make some hefty progress this week.

I'm in Ireland next Sunday for a week with work so won't be able to make any progress then sadly.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
How did you know how to do it all mate? Have you done anything like this before?

Are you using the meg ecu?
Just got stuck in and done it mate. What's the worst that can happen haha. Ive done an engine conversion before but that was just plug and play. I'm using a standalone ecu. The me221 which is what all the mx5 turbo boys use.
what size are those boost pipes?
2.5 inch man

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Okay, so slightly bigger update whilst waiting for tea to cook!

Will start from the beginning as above was just a sort of finished pic.

Started mocking up the boost pipes

20170331_153942_zpsnguv3te1.jpg

20170331_153947_zpsaj7rut3x.jpg

20170331_153952_zpsf7yw0yyv.jpg

20170331_161935_zps2ozrmqpj.jpg

20170331_162140_zpsvutcb0gg.jpg

Brembos are fitted too, just running standard pads for now until payday then i'll upgrade

20170331_162144_zps0wlkbdzv.jpg

Bumper on just to see what it looks like

20170331_162359_zpstdtpiuv9.jpg

20170331_162419_zps98g3dxjf.jpg

20170331_162508_zpsjurhgdc0.jpg

Then went for tea and to the comedy night with the mrs!

Had to get in the middle of this (not literally sadly)

20170331_174527_zpsl1qryeeo.jpg

Went to nandos for the first time with the girlfriend and nearly died trying this. Got used to it and doused my whole meal in it hahah, lovely stuff

20170331_191432_zps59flnk8o.jpg

Today involved finishing the boost pipes and aerocatches so first things first, drive to the post office to collect some goodies

20170401_110140_zpsb21vt1md.jpg

Fitted the BOV adapter

20170401_111046_zpsilybizat.jpg

20170401_111050_zpsvlnaoity.jpg

Then started on the pipework

20170401_134656_zps71jcujdq.jpg

Fitted the lower pipe and protected it with some heat wrap just for fretting reasons

20170401_134700_zpsmzfqofia.jpg

Same with the top. Pikey? maybe. Protected? yesssssssssssssssssssss

20170401_134704_zpsdhbyjnwy.jpg

BOV fitted, just need some jubilees to sort it

20170401_134922_zpsqhqqacet.jpg

20170401_134928_zps3bsai0po.jpg

20170401_154744_zpszzapy1uk.jpg

Slam panel fitted with a bit of modifying for the boost pipe. Just a bit of angle grinding action

20170401_161618_zpslxvgkuuh.jpg

Then made a start with the aerocatches

20170401_171734_zpsbizlwny9.jpg

One done, was really easy. Took about 15 mins

20170401_180236_zpsyhxj9qn7.jpg

Both done

20170401_184825_zpsdlp9ynik.jpg

Then the engine bay with the bonnet open :smiley:

20170401_185011_zpscnmvsiio.jpg

20170401_185017_zps6xuhefiv.jpg

Needless to say i'm rather happy with the progress today and yesterday, still got a few little bits and bobs to do now like fit EPAS, sort out a proper dogbone, bleed brakes and clutch and sort out the accelerator pedal but it's all fairly easy stuff. Got a fire extinguisher to affix somewhere too.

Cheers, hope everyones having a good weekend.

Started it up earlier and my gf whos 2 floors above sent me this on whatsapp hahahahahah

Screenshot_2017-04-01-16-50-56_zpsbv38daix.png