ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Looks better Dan.

Your airbags gone off!

Thanks dude!

Nice colour bud.

Will you be painting the insides of the inner skin panels in the rear or leaving them as it Is?

Ive got rear door cards to go over the big bits then I might make something out of abs to cover the other bits but I'll see! Thanks

nice work matey, need to get over for a brew and a nosey soon :)
Definitely! And to help find this exhaust blow ;)

I used number plate fixings to hide the screws on my dash might be an idea not sure if you can since yours are bolted rather than self tappers.

View attachment 190088
Hmmm I'm not a big fan of them haha sorry. I much prefer the bolt look.
I love everything about this build. Proper job.
Quick Q: Do you know of any way to modify the height of the standard shifter? I really want to bring my 200 gearknob closer to the wheel but there are NO options out there, bar the £1k CAE.
Really nice of you to say mate. Thank you! I'm afraid not dude, anything that'll extend it will just make it feel super long too. I don't know how they work though, are they rod shift or cable shift?
Interior looks miles better in that colour!

Cheers mate. I think so too. Actually happy with this colour.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Really nice of you to say mate. Thank you! I'm afraid not dude, anything that'll extend it will just make it feel super long too. I don't know how they work though, are they rod shift or cable shift?
Thought as much, yeah. Ah well, CAE it is! I'd better get saving.
It's cable on the Mk3 mate.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Tonight was a wiring night

20170606_213013_zpsunjocpdl.jpg

Wired up the cut off switch properly. Wires will be going to ignition barrel as per fia requirements. I'm obviously not racing but I'm doing it properly.

20170606_211515_zpsri7buhj7.jpg

Also playing a game of when will she notice...

20170606_213432_zpsawjaqdwn.jpg

Probably taking the piss a bit here haha.

20170606_213435_zps0lt9qoa1.jpg

I'm going to clean up the seats as best I can as they're a bit dirty then start fitting everything back in the car. Got myself a 1" master cylinder for the brembos too. Hopefully it will remove some sponge from the fronts.

Renault Clio 182
Hey daan

Great Job with your clio m8...
can you give me please the part number for the Skoda front bumper spoiler please?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Had a really productive day on the car today. Got home from work and nailed a load of jobs that were on my list.

Fitted the front and rear door cards (actually this was the other night but uploading pics)

20170607_213840_zpsp4dbykcp.jpg

20170607_213845_zps38gxsva3.jpg

Received some more fuel hose as i think the stuff I have may be too small in ID. Also found science on my living room floor.

20170609_142824_zpsiigspnf6.jpg

This is something i've always wanted to do. Really tidy the rear car loom with P clips and rivets as before it was a half arsed job. Off I went to make some holes!

20170609_154702_HDR_zpsttolkqkb.jpg

I tidied up the door sensor loom too and P clipped that.

20170609_154718_zpsy1h3gt54.jpg

20170609_154724_zpspjj03f5s.jpg

I then fed the rear loom through and tidied it up.

20170609_171150_zpsbfppsnxp.jpg

20170609_171156_zpsjjmiyceb.jpg

Everytime I see the colour i'm more and more happy with it

20170609_171156_zpsjjmiyceb.jpg

P clipped the rear number plate light too

20170609_171203_zpsqaq6c2z6.jpg

Lower B pillar on drivers side

20170609_171216_zpsb8whxcoi.jpg

I then fitted the pedal box, with the new master cylinder. Big 1" jobby

20170609_173324_zps1enqaqn8.jpg

Pedal box in

20170609_185907_zpst4ewxohm.jpg

I then fitted the dash and made a start of wiring it up but was pretty happy with the progress tonight. More to follow tomorrow through the day. Final pics from tonight..

20170609_200217_zps5wc60ugn.jpg

20170609_200226_zpsaazwtkbp.jpg

More p clip pics haha

20170609_200248_zpshxli0u8o.jpg

20170609_200254_zpshwej55y3.jpg

20170609_200259_zpsi48vhn7h.jpg

20170609_200327_zpsv6rx7zmv.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got to say, its looking absolutely amazing mate. That is the nicest interior I have seen.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Great work Dan

Can you reach the kill switch once you're strapped in ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I haven't tried yet but I really doubt it. I didn't really think about it for when I'm strapped in stupidly. It was originally just so I didn't have to go under my passenger seat to disconnect the battery everytime it was in the garage haha

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
looking good Dan,
get a second clip or strong rubber band on that extinguisher clip as they tend to pop out and turn into a flying weapon of mass destruction under enthusiastic driving.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
20170613_213048.jpg
looking good Dan,
get a second clip or strong rubber band on that extinguisher clip as they tend to pop out and turn into a flying weapon of mass destruction under enthusiastic driving.
Haha thanks for the heads up my friend! I will sort that out this week.
This is turning into epicness mate!
Thank you dude, it's certainly taken a turn if you click on the first page. Biggest mod was fitting my dashcam haha.
Awesome work Dan!

The interior colour choice is spot on!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thank you Rob. It's nice to think you contributed towards it too :)

Infact so did bash above! When it's fully completed and mapped I'm doing a huge thank you post and tagging everyone in it because I wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for many people on here. Sounds stupid but even the positive comments and feedback on here really do help and motivate you.

Nothing exciting to report tonight, wheeled Boris outside and sprayed the cage with a few coats of black as it was chipped slightly in places. Letting it dry overnight then I'll refit tomorrow. Also gave him a bit of a wash as he was dusty.

Last Night I tried something to detect an exhaust blow... Put a hoover in one of the tail pipes and sealed the other one. Turned it on to hear a really loud gushing of air from the engine area. I thought no way should this be this loud if it's a little blow. So I put my hands over the engine and exhaust to feel a sucking on my finger from a big gaping f**king hole!!! Turns out it was one of the blanks in the decat, the blank has done a disappearing act. I was absolutely gobsmacked and wondered how it had come out? No wonder I had a really bad smell of exhaust fumes in the car! Managed to source a blank that I fitted to the steering rack and used that with some sealant to secure it. How bizarre. Anyway, pics

Balls. Pics ain't working. Have one

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I dreamt that i'd made a terrible mistake last night with the car. I was driving around in it but I thought something was wrong. It felt a little bit unstable so I looked down whilst driving it and it turned out i'd fitted the engine and box and everything to one of these! But it had handlebars instead of a wheel

538170682_575.jpg

I was so ashamed whilst driving it around at the time. I knew i'd fucked up.

I then decided to drive down some stairs and one side of the handlebars snapped off hahahaha I couldn't believe how much of a f**k up i'd done.

I then woke up so that's nice.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I dreamt that i'd made a terrible mistake last night with the car. I was driving around in it but I thought something was wrong. It felt a little bit unstable so I looked down whilst driving it and it turned out i'd fitted the engine and box and everything to one of these! But it had handlebars instead of a wheel

538170682_575.jpg

I was so ashamed whilst driving it around at the time. I knew i'd fucked up.

I then decided to drive down some stairs and one side of the handlebars snapped off hahahaha I couldn't believe how much of a f**k up i'd done.

I then woke up so that's nice.

Sometimes I worry a bit about you chap 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
When's it going for mapping bud?
1st of July mate!

I've organised a drive around the Peaks next month with the guys I went to Wales with last year. Got my manager to show me all the decent roads around here so he kindly brought me in a map and went through with me the best roads for driving on..

20170616_161838_zps2sr0hwan.jpg

I then came to this plan. 90 miles of pure epic roads finishing on the cat and fiddle. If my car isn't ready i'm just going to buy a 172/182 for this then sell after haha

20170616_163940_zpsvk7yzwfl.jpg

Can't wait.

I received a new mirror after seeing @Matt555 's however I went for the cheapskate version at only £7. Seems to be okay though.

Before

20170616_133453_HDR_zpsarmovyz4.jpg

After

20170616_133748_HDR_zpshgptkmco.jpg

The seats and cage are now in, really happy that it's all pretty much sorted.

20170615_183429_zpsigvo4tkf.jpg

20170615_183602_zpse9fvxrws.jpg

Also received a helmet hammock the other day and i'm waiting on a new helmet. I caused SUCH a f**king stir on tracktime facebook page simply because I asked if anyone could offer me discount on it if they worked for a rally company like tweeks etc. Had so many track day heroes piping up.

The silver/grey really goes though

20170617_133346_zpscxfspqr0.jpg

I'm now waiting on some foglight ducting and flexible hose to finish my brake ducts.

I'll finish on a pic from the other night because no ones seen boris before

20170613_212729_zps0memzws9.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Thats Boris? I thought he was your dog, never knew you had a clio pal!
I was rooting through your thread the other night and going back to the beginning shows just how much hard graft has gone into making him what he is today. Awesome job Dan, I hope mapping goes well and you get back to enjoying him again on the move.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Went for a drive today to Asda with the Mrs in boris. Just to make sure there's nothing crazily wrong.

In true djc fashion I've found things to fix...

I need to fit the rubber handbrake seal as you can feel the exhaust heat and air coming through the gap. It's really f**king hot!

The car stinks of fuel if the fuel tank cover comes loose (clips are broken) so I've obviously got a leak somewhere. I think I know what it is.. The rubber seal that screws on with the lid I don't think is on properly leaking out fumes.

The front brakes are f**king horrendous. Like really bad. But I am running them on 3 year old discs and the original pads that came with the Megane. There is a huge huge patch of rust where they aren't touching the disc at all. That's a MASSIVE priority. So will get them sorted as I need brakes...

The whole car vibrates like f**k. It's really awesome. It feels really good in a racecorrrrrrrkijd of way but I can see why people sell up after changing so much on the car.

Ive literally got rac on speed dial cos I keep thinking something is gonna go pop haha.

Really happy though, gets a lot of looks whilst driving.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got a link to that mirror bud? I fancy something that shows a little more in my gti
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Z68I9OK/?tag=cliospnet01-21
Dan what was the paint you used?
As above, link for the mirror?0
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Z68I9OK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I used b and q metal and wood paint where they mix it for you mate.

those brakes are seriously wrong aren't they!!! were they that bad on the megane?
No they were epic on the Megane. Really bitey but these discs are from my clio and bedded in with other pads.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Cool, I'll have a look at that, I was going to try and spray it, but it's gonna be more of a mission than I'm prepared for at this moment in time!