ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Got my new plate on (S is my first name initial, 17 is my dob, and Davy is my surname). 5 days from purchase to on my car which I thought was top service.

Bought a new (used) flame red front bumper to tidy the front end up as it has a crack in and a few stone chips, and new fabia splitter to fit soon after my exams. Next on the list is to paint my cup spoiler as the previous owners job has 'crazed'.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
All the exciting general maintenance stuff.

Passed the MOT yesterday, other than a slightly flicking sidelight and rubbish handbrake (all sorted now) it went straight through.

Fitting a new Renault exhaust mount tonight, as well as track rods and track rod ends, and lower ball joints, so pretty much refreshed all the suspension bits this year. None of the stuff was needed but I thought why not!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had the annoying failure of my clutch release bearing last week, it was making a very high pitched noise on start up and a grinding noise when being used. Fast forward a week later, new Valeo clutch kit and 3L of gearbox oil fitted. The mechanic said the release bearing was pretty much seized and the clutch was on its way out, so that's an expensive job out of the way.

The clutch has always been quite stiff, which I thought was normal, but its nice now not to get a sore left knee in traffic.

Old clutch:

IMG_5750.JPG

New clutch..

IMG_5736.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
looks smart shame about the weather have you tried fleabay for gear insert

Yes mate, no luck!

Oh, had a sidelight flickering so bought these, nice and bright.
IMG_5792.JPG

And a random picture I just took out my window just because it looks nice although very dirty!

IMG_5825.JPG

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice updates bud. Are the strips wrapped or dipped? Either way they look really good and so does the gear insert.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Managed to get a quick wash in before it gets dark, just need to give it a coat of wax and Hydro2 on Saturday after work, then ready for Hot hatch Sunday at Goodwood. Not actually entered it as the wheels desperately need a refurb, other than it, its tidy and going strong.

Oh, and had a new windscreen and seals fitted this week, exciting..

Absolutely minging before..

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5900.JPG

Then nice and clean..
IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG
IMG_5907.JPG
IMG_5908.JPG
IMG_5904.JPG

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
This looks lovely mate well done, great colour.

Suits the single exit system to a tee.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers lads. Yeah I'm in love with the steering wheel. Just ordered the torx set so I can try and fit it myself, probably end up with a broken nose and two black eyes from the airbag!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Some nice parts there mate. Love the wheel. Stuck my name down for one of those battery covers earlier today as well.

Give us a shout if you need a hand fit the wheel, I've changed a few now and have all the tools so happy to help should you need it. Pretty straight forward, biggest pain is releasing the airbag pins behind the wheel, but once you've done a few it is pretty easy to do.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Some nice parts there mate. Love the wheel. Stuck my name down for one of those battery covers earlier today as well.

Give us a shout if you need a hand fit the wheel, I've changed a few now and have all the tools so happy to help should you need it. Pretty straight forward, biggest pain is releasing the airbag pins behind the wheel, but once you've done a few it is pretty easy to do.

Yeah I have a MAD battery cover but this one should be a bit nicer. Ive never bothered with an induction because of the aftermarket filter showing but the cover should hide that perfectly.

Thanks for the offer mate, ill give it a go first. We'll have to get some pics at some point up the hill or something!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Yeah I have a MAD battery cover but this one should be a bit nicer. Ive never bothered with an induction because of the aftermarket filter showing but the cover should hide that perfectly.

Thanks for the offer mate, ill give it a go first. We'll have to get some pics at some point up the hill or something!

Yep I'm doing the same, going to order an induction kit too and do both at the same time.

No problem bud, sure you'll be able to fit it without any dramas, it's not that difficult.

Yeah that would be good to get some pics at some point, give us a shout some time when you are going to be free!