ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
The fronts, just a case of..?
- wheel off
- clean surface of hub
- spacer over hub
- put wheel on through spacer, job jobbed?

Rears different?
Just looked back lol sorry read fail. Most rear spacers go behind the stub axle. Yours dont same as the fronts mate!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thought id do a spec/maintenance list thing.

Interior:
  • Snappy steering wheel
  • Alcantara A/B pillars
  • Carbon dash and steering wheel inserts
  • LED bulbs
  • Connects2
  • Genuine Renault Sport floor mats
  • Renault boot net

Exterior:
  • Cup spoiler
  • Fabia splitter
  • Cup offset turinis
  • 16mm front spacers
  • 10mm rear PMS spacers
  • New style RS badge
Suspension:
  • Cup shocks
  • Eibach sportlines
  • New lower balljoints, track rods, track rod ends
Engine/Transmission/Bay:
  • Painted inlet and fuel rail guard
  • Sprayshack painted engine cover
  • New coolant bottle
  • Scenic shifter with yanoo 3.0 and brass bushes
  • Evol road dogbone mount
  • Fatty induction
  • MarcR battery/induction cover
  • Ktec engine mount
  • Ktec super sport cat-back recessed exhaust
  • Cambelt and dephaser fitted at Rentech in May 2015

Brakes:
  • Brembo HC discs
  • Brembo pads
  • MLR braided lines
  • Silver painted calipers
  • ATE Type 200 brake fluid

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This thing has been more hassle than it's worth I think! So.. the sleeve which you lift to select reverse somehow broke. Paid a bodyshop to fix it, when I went to collect it bloke said 'look, nice and strong' and snapped it. He tried something else and seems to of worked. My brass bushes arrived from Yanoo and I put them in.

Hopefully get it fitted within the week along with the evol mount.

IMG_6244.JPG
IMG_6326.JPG

image.jpg

image.jpg

Clio Sport 182
Really interesting. Can I ask you to view your car if is possible with the dog bone fitted. Is really strange.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Really interesting. Can I ask you to view your car if is possible with the dog bone fitted. Is really strange.

Yes ofcourse mate. Ive always had a small amount of vibration at idle as I have a solid engine mount (according to prev. owner), but it definitely hasnt increased!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic with the new shifter mate. Bet you're happy with it.

As a heads up, don't rest your hand on it whilst in gear and driving though. You're putting unnecessary strain on the gears which is baaaaaad for the box. And jc5s aren't well known for being strong ;)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

As a heads up, don't rest your hand on it whilst in gear and driving though. You're putting unnecessary strain on the gears which is baaaaaad for the box. And jc5s aren't well known for being strong ;)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

As a heads up, don't rest your hand on it whilst in gear and driving though. You're putting unnecessary strain on the gears which is baaaaaad for the box. And jc5s aren't well known for being strong :wink:

Thanks for the tip mate, fair point!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks mate. I will give you a call to arrange it.

Vibration seems to be much more noticeable now, its silent when clutch is pressed, but when coming off the gas it vibrates the whole car and the boot plastic shakes a bit!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So on Tuesday I set about an oil change, my first one ever.. oil drained, then got my new tool to remove the oil filter, and it wouldnt grip the filter at all. Somehow, the handle of the tool caught an injector wire and snapped the injector connector. So a lot of hassle, £60 for a new injector, and many hours, the car successfully has a new injector and an oil change.

Said rubbish tool..

IMG_6355.JPG

New injector..

IMG_6367.JPG

However, last night I noticed a random single knock when coming off the accelerator or when ive just changed gear coming from the left hand side/middle of the car. Ive recently added spacers and dogbone mount so unsure if either of those have caused it!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
So on Tuesday I set about an oil change, my first one ever.. oil drained, then got my new tool to remove the oil filter, and it wouldnt grip the filter at all. Somehow, the handle of the tool caught an injector wire and snapped the injector connector. So a lot of hassle, £60 for a new injector, and many hours, the car successfully has a new injector and an oil change.

Said rubbish tool..

View attachment 175221

New injector..

View attachment 175222

However, last night I noticed a random single knock when coming off the accelerator or when ive just changed gear coming from the left hand side/middle of the car. Ive recently added spacers and dogbone mount so unsure if either of those have caused it!
Check your wheel nuts are tight first

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Certainly sounds like a loose dogbone mount to me mate. If that tool doesn't work a screwdriver stabbed in the filter and turn usually works. Also pit some fresh oil on the new filter seal and tighten by hand, never with a tool! Hope I'm not too late haha

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Certainly sounds like a loose dogbone mount to me mate. If that tool doesn't work a screwdriver stabbed in the filter and turn usually works. Also pit some fresh oil on the new filter seal and tighten by hand, never with a tool! Hope I'm not too late haha

Have you not seen the thread of my troubles?! I got the filter off in the end, took me about an hour. Screwdriver in, turn, screwdriver in, and repeat about 10 times. Did it up hand as tight as possible so hopefully its okay next time!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Have you not seen the thread of my troubles?! I got the filter off in the end, took me about an hour. Screwdriver in, turn, screwdriver in, and repeat about 10 times. Did it up hand as tight as possible so hopefully its okay next time!
Just found it now. Hahaha oh man. At least you persevered. I know many who would just throw the towel in.

By the way someone made an incredible guide on here for changing an injector haha but late now

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just found it now. Hahaha oh man. At least you persevered. I know many who would just throw the towel in.

By the way someone made an incredible guide on here for changing an injector haha but late now

Yeah optical pointed me to that guide a few hours later haha, owell, managed it in the end!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Good man. You're always bound to come across problems though when working on cars, its the attitude you take to getting it sorted which leads to it being done I find. Go in all scared and apprehensive then the first issue you come across the hands go in the air haha. Engine conversion next? ;)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Good man. You're always bound to come across problems though when working on cars, its the attitude you take to getting it sorted which leads to it being done I find. Go in all scared and apprehensive then the first issue you come across the hands go in the air haha. Engine conversion next? :wink:

R26 engine, hmm...

2014 Clio 200t edc
Check the ball joint bolts through the bottom arm. You may not have done them up tight enough, or broken off your track rod by putting your wheel back on....;)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Dropped my spoiler off to the painters this morning. A small update but one ive wanted to do for ages because no amount of back to black was bringing it back to life...

Bought a cheapo ball joint splitter from ebay to remove the wiper, which didnt do anything! After £11.99 down halfords, this got it off in about 5 seconds, brilliant. Chuffed with the small improvement.

IMG_6405.JPG

IMG_6406.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

IMG_6410.JPG