ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Dec 7, 2014] [Dec 7, 2014] Evo triangle West Mids & North West drive (Llangollen) (Telford)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
So you are going to pass the triangle,turn off the a5 just before Pentrefoelas....up the a453...pick up the nw lads,turn around then back to the triangle????....is that right?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So you are going to pass the triangle,turn off the a5 just before Pentrefoelas....up the a453...pick up the nw lads,turn around then back to the triangle????....is that right?
I know nothing of that part of the country. If you know it mate, you can take the lead over that neck of the woods...

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Lol....your having a giraffe...i`ll wait at the layby where that lad had the bonnet occurance and then pick you up on the way back...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Lol....your having a giraffe...i`ll wait at the layby where that lad had the bonnet occurance and then pick you up on the way back...
We can always head there and go from that spot...should be relatively easy to pick up our way to there. :)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Yes...in that case i`ll meet you lot from there....dont forget i`m coming from llanfair caereinion...just west of welshpool...Dropping the mrs off at 10am...i`ll get to that layby ages before you lot...might take a flask of coffee....lol.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So close but really doubt I'll make this
I usually set off from aber about 4

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sorry folks we won't be there as I've been struck with a virus... Merry Xmas to me
No worries. We didn't make it round as there was an incident where Boomerbang went off road and spun out. Engine wouldn't restart...so RAC had to be called. :(

No worries. We didn't make it round as there was an incident where Boomerbang went off road and spun out. Engine wouldn't restart...so RAC had to be called. 😧

Wasn't the fuel cut off switch was it? big red one that needs pressing to allow the fuel to get to the engine again?

We did wonder where you lads were while we were parked on the Triangle, then later on Scott mentioned someone had an off.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Wasn't the fuel cut off switch was it? big red one that needs pressing to allow the fuel to get to the engine again?

We did wonder where you lads were while we were parked on the Triangle, then later on Scott mentioned someone had an off.
No mate...that was tried. The crank pulley seemed to be at a funny angle against the engine...so I think that is the issue. Just hope its not terminal for the car though.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I was the only one to see this off as he was right behind me. Looked in my rear view and just seen grassy mid flying everywhere. To be fair it was lucky it didn't roll. Hope hes ok now, seemed to be in a bit of shock after he realised what had happened.
fair play to all though for sticking around was still nice to catch up.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Just felt the back end go out on me so as i corrected i hit the grass.....just a passenger from then on...but either a tree branch or actually the megane splitter has damaged the crank pulley???.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, to be fair I was sliding around as I was trying to follow mick (do not try this :p)
it must have been the splitter as that was the only thing rammed into the engine.
glad your home ok anyway mate, that rac bloke was a bit funny.

Megane r26
Tbh I'm glad I didn't attend this time, conditions this weekend seem to have been appalling nationwide!

With heavy frosts yesterday and then windy and wet and greasy roads today

Swift Sport
Hope you get it sorted fella... Sounds like another trip to Wales that didn't go according to plan! The weather was horrible though!

BG182ff,explod Focus
No worries. We didn't make it round as there was an incident where Boomerbang went off road and spun out. Engine wouldn't restart...so RAC had to be called. 😧
DSC00376.jpg
Hmmmm, what could be the problem? Better ask Mike, he dead clever :spanner:

DSC00377.jpg

Well...it's muddy

DSC00378.jpg

Really muddy

DSC00379.jpg

Really, really muddy :astonished:
That's never a good thing as I found to my own cost at Donington Park.
Better have a look at the engine while Leon cranks it over

DSC00380.jpg

That's not right, the belts aren't moving. Lets look into the belt run and see if we can spot anything wrong...

DSC00381.jpg

OH DEAR!!!:eek:penmouth:
That's not good

001.jpg

Not good at all.
The crank pulley should not be at that angle and that far from the block :down:
Time to call the RAC I'm afraid Leon.

003.jpg

And as if by magic, here he is.
Going...

004.jpg

...going...

005.jpg

...gone.
Bye, bye Clio 😞

Tbh I'm glad I didn't attend this time, conditions this weekend seem to have been appalling nationwide!

With heavy frosts yesterday and then windy and wet and greasy roads today

Curborough was fun on Saturday with frost on the track until late morning and then oil in the afternoon :stig:
The roads on Sunday were not really suitable for fast driving but I was determined to get the triangle done this time...

Your lots meets are jinxed!

I'm beginning to think it's me that's jinxed, that's yet another time I never got to complete the triangle :disrelieved:

Hopefully, when someone has a look @boomerbang2006 car it won't be too costly a repair

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Tcr have come and trailered away the clio.....just waiting for the phone call from Lee for the results...

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I think it will be ok seeing as it cut out straight away. Didn't hear any metally noises or bangs come from it. Just a nice silent pirouette

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ok....the valves are bent so they need replacing...main worry is one of the cams arnt turning so the head is coming off to find out why,the money the mrs has promised me has almost gone already...words cant describe how i feel at this minute.

You're best off just putting another engine in it mate, sod messing about with the current one due to the expense side of things. Pick them up 2nd hand for relatively little money.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ive told Lee to carry on for the moment...even if i can get another engine its the labour costs of fitting it.....just having to hope not much more damage.