ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Dec 7, 2014] [Dec 7, 2014] Evo triangle West Mids & North West drive (Llangollen) (Telford)

Swift Sport
You're best off just putting another engine in it mate, sod messing about with the current one due to the expense side of things. Pick them up 2nd hand for relatively little money.
I agree that there must surely be a cheaper way... What are they worth in parts alone? Possibly worth breaking it, adding the £500 to the pot and buying another?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
If Lee finds any more damage then a replacement engine will be the best option.....just having to wait and see.And the valves are £100 to buy new,lee.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
That's not the end of the world then....
As long as the rest is minimal then you should be fine. At least you don't have any body damage to repair. Apart from a splitter that is.
Your lucky you didn't hit that telegraph pole that you parked next to :D

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Didnt even notice a telegraph pole....i think thats when i rolled back slowly from the grass.....i was in control then......lol

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
did my car look like it gripped round that bend then? certainly didn't feel like it did to me lol. was biting the seat

Megane r26
Tbh as many have already said picking up a second hand engine would be best, sticking a belt on and a fresh service and bobs your uncle.

I've done this for a few lads that have suffered aux or Cambelt failure and believe you me its a dam site cheaper!

If he's confirmed that there's been internal damage I wouldn't even bother stripping it, you may even get 100-150 for your knackered engine complete

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Looking like a cheap run about instead...simply havnt got the money for another...the £500 i was going to use for repairs will buy a cheap piece of tat instead.

Swift Sport
If you add what you get for the broken Clio to the £500 you could get a half-decent 1.7 Puma... That's what I'd do.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
MMMmmm thats an option....i`d like TCR to buy it off me....if not,then i`ll have the 5 alloys,k-tec exhaust,cup spoiler,rs inlet and scrap the rest...then put that to the 500.

Megane r26
Sell it as a non runner, they seem to be fetching 500+ now days then put that to your money and you may be able to find a cheap 172

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Is that an offer Dan???...All i`ll have to do is get tcr to return it to my house and its yours for £500...deal??

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Update....Tcr are returning the car back to my address tomorrow...going to go from there for the time being,would love it to go as a whole car but can understand some might just want bits....once i decide then i`ll be selling on the pages on here.

Megane r26
Is that an offer Dan???...All i`ll have to do is get tcr to return it to my house and its yours for £500...deal??

If I had space I'd happily snap up many a non runner and either track them or shift them on but at my house I only have parking for 2 cars and with the megane and Beemer that's pretty much it.

I'm sure you'll shift it though shag, they seem to get snapped up on eBay and here pretty quick, I'd certainly try selling the how car first as it's less hassle

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
As soon as ive got the car back i`ll put a wanted ad on here for a replacement engine,and if someone can fit it too....ive still got the £500....hopefully that can cover the cost of a replacement engine and someone fitting it.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
And at the end of the day,...still got a car which i know the history of....just getting someone to buy and fit an engine.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Because i just really need the block and cylinder all the other bits i can just add on...only thing i think i`ll need new is belts.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
She`s back home.....apart from only having half an engine,after a good wash she still looks ok...got some feelers out so not going to advertise for an engine on here just yet.