ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailing business set-up

clio
Hi all, I'm new to this site, how are you all doing?

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as I was thinking of setting a detailing business and I have a few ideas on it.

But hey any advice is good and it will all be appreciated.

Thanks guys and girls.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
As above really, and check the local area to see who else is around. If there's a handful of other detailing places locally then you'll have to build a really good reputation to make yourself stand out.

Were you gonna do it at home,unit, mobile?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There are very very few people who can tell the difference between a £10 Iranian hand car wash and a ££££ that a detailer charges.
Getting new customers is very difficult.

I ran a valeting business from a very tiny unit and my overheads were £350 a week. Not including my wages or tax bill.

If you were doing basic valets at £55 a pop, you'd need a large customer base just to cover your basics before you even start to see any profit.

And if you think you can convince people to spend £300+ on a detail who are currently happy with their £10 hand car wash at the local Tesco's, you're in for a nasty shock!

I enjoyed my time valeting, I mainly did builders vans at £350 a time but did the occasional car detail. (I think my Facebook page is still active, Pro Clean Bristol)
But the hardest thing is finding premises that are quality enough to appeal to customers but cheap enough for you to still earn profit.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

clio
Thanks all,
Have a lot of experience in it all working for other people but ideally wuld like to be mobile valeting and detailing.
Haven't had much time to get around to talk to potential customers as of yet as I work nite shifts in a factory but from doing my research of the local area there is only 3 carwashes about but no detailing firms.