ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just put a small order in with that discount code with Wowo. They have the smallest selection of stuff ever though!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
No worries, you had me worried for a second there lol! Well good to know, I suppose the paint will just be a bit duller until its off?

Ask our resident Hydr02 expert @JD
Yeah was a bad move to do the whole car in one go. So what has it done to my paint, has it damaged it you reckon? It seems like some sort of film has been left, in which case machine polish seems like the answer like you say. Ahhhhh!

Unfortunately this stuff does react to certain toppings or can be susceptible to time it's left on the car - my car required a full going over with the DA when I tried to top C2V3 with it a year or two back.

I recently used it on a never detailed new (to me) Golf and it works wonderfully. It also worked on my Z4M which has a covering of Reload. Heat and possibly cold, judging by your results, seem to affect it. And as said, one panel at a time (two max if cool).

Will APC not get rid of some of it? Then give it a good clay?

I would probably get an apc, the likes of g101 would shift that and wash with fairy.
APC does not remove this.
(Fairy liquid)
Fairy isn't an APC. It contains salts to remove crud from your crockery - it will thus not be any good for the cars paint (although that Scooby is pretty marred already, sorry James!).
Tesco Daisy is perhaps what you guys are thinking of.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've used and have read fairly removes existing wax ready to apply new products again. I've used it before and never had an issue

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Fairy will not remove a healthy performing wax. It will degrade it to some degree, maybe enough to effect surface tension so little to no beading but not outright removed. More so on a weak or oily show wax. A hybrid sealant / wax like autoglym HD wax will shrug off fairy without being too damaged

I used normal carpro hydr02 diluted 1:3 yesterday lunchtime. Applied to an A4 estate to the whole car before rinsing and it didn't leave any residue like that above

Before going at it with a machine polisher maybe try an abrasive cleanser or finishing polish by hand. The mild abrasive maybe just enough to remove it, whereas I reckon a chemical cleanser may not.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Fairy will not remove a healthy performing wax. It will degrade it to some degree, maybe enough to effect surface tension so little to no beading but not outright removed. More so on a weak or oily show wax. A hybrid sealant / wax like autoglym HD wax will shrug off fairy without being too damaged

I used normal carpro hydr02 diluted 1:3 yesterday lunchtime. Applied to an A4 estate to the whole car before rinsing and it didn't leave any residue like that above

Before going at it with a machine polisher maybe try an abrasive cleanser or finishing polish by hand. The mild abrasive maybe just enough to remove it, whereas I reckon a chemical cleanser may not.
Maybe it was the time of day/weather conditions you applied it in that made it have a different effect to mine. How long you reckon it was left to dwell? Mine must've been 3 minutes tops from when I applied the first area to when I rinsed the said first area.

I might give it a go with clay & polish, got some AF Tripple to try out

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Maybe it was the time of day/weather conditions you applied it in that made it have a different effect to mine. How long you reckon it was left to dwell? Mine must've been 3 minutes tops from when I applied the first area to when I rinsed the said first area.

I might give it a go with clay & polish, got some AF Tripple to try out

Wasn't long. Only as long as it took me to do a liberal spraying over the whole car then pick up the pressure washer. Used about 75ml to coat an estate car. How much did you use?

Ph2 Meg 225
After some recommendations for a low maintenance wash mitt/pad?

Got a sheepskin one around three month ago and the fur has started separating from the pad.

Ph2 Meg 225
B
Do you leave it in water by any chance?

CarPro ones always seem to last.

I did exactly as the instructions say which is to drain all the water from it so its just damp and seal it in a bag until next use. Could that have been the problem?

Does the car pro one take much caring for?

Long time no speak buddy - you well?
I tried to remove Hydr02 with a hand pad and an AIO (Triple) with little effect. It would have taken forever!

Renault 5 GT Turbo

This would be my advice too.
First of all, just wash the car eat lier on in the day. It could just be the condensation making it look a lot worse than it is.
Next would be a good prewax cleanser or finishing polish by hand.
Super Resin Polish will be up to the job.

These spray on rinse off sealants aren't hard setting coatings, you won't need to machine it unless it's caused a bad reaction underneath.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
This would be my advice too.
First of all, just wash the car eat lier on in the day. It could just be the condensation making it look a lot worse than it is.
Next would be a good prewax cleanser or finishing polish by hand.
Super Resin Polish will be up to the job.

These spray on rinse off sealants aren't hard setting coatings, you won't need to machine it unless it's caused a bad reaction underneath.

Unfortunately mate you're wrong with this.

I saw @JD and @Scrooge try removing Hydro2 from JD's Audi and it the only thing to shift it was fairly aggressive machine polishing. Doing it by hand would have taken about 5 years.