ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference between 172 / cup spoiler

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The normal 172 spoiler is curved slightly down and has a ridge across it , whereas the cup spoiler curves up slightly and is smooth .

Cup spoiler .
P7150305.jpg

172 Spoiler.
PB060220.jpg

Last edited:
  glanza
ahhh thats excellent cheers, from pics you dont notice the little things unless your told what to look for! can you fit v6 spoilers to a 172? thanks

Yeah you can, although you want a mk2 vee/182 trophy spolier, you'll need the shorter boot struts too, to stop it from hitting the roof.

Don't get a spoiler from a mk1 vee as it's just a normal 172 one.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any tips on fitting? Just bought a cup spoiler from here, not sure CBA to fit it lol.

Just noticed how old this thread is.... (Chuckles)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
4 t20 torx screws and 3 plastic rivet type clips and spoiler comes off, if you're changing from a standard spoiler to cup one you'll need to change the wiring connector as they're different too

Freetrack&Monaco 172
4 t20 torx screws and 3 plastic rivet type clips and spoiler comes off, if you're changing from a standard spoiler to cup one you'll need to change the wiring connector as they're different too

I concur. I found the hose needed extending for the washer too.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
ive only got one of the three large plastic rivet things, gonna try get couple more
I can see 6 torx screws, 2 either end and two above. will take all out
Need an electrical connector if they are different, only 2 wires thats good

Clio 172 Merc ML55
The electric connecters are the same on both spoilers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I thought the cup one was the odd one out and all the rest were the same as the cup spoiler uses a different light unit?

Just be careful as people have ended up rounding the screws in the Cup ones doing them up too tight. Also too tonight and they sometimes split away and crack.

Common sense, just use a screwdriver adapter and do it hand tight. No ratchets or whatever.

Should take you no more than 15 minutes pal