ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Directed Install

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I went to CEL in Leicester today and decided what I want to install in my car.....when I get it back from the garage!!!!....

Alpine CDA-7876R Head
MB Quart PSC 213 comps
Directed 500 4 ch
Directed 250d mono for sub
Boston Acoustics Pro 10.5LF sub

Their prices on the Directed amps is criminal...DEI500 £199 and DEI250d £150. Every where else is way more expensive than that.

What do you think??? is it a good choice???

Sorry Chris, missed this one! Yeah, I reckon the Directed install is definitely a goodun, especially at those prices. Cant really go wrong with that little lot, Id say - thumbs up from me!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

ICEman:

Do you think the seperate 4ch 500 and class D amp is the way to go or the 5ch DEI 650 at £249. I have posted on an audio board elsewhere and they say go with the 500 only...2 for the front and bridge 2 for the sub. Surely I would get better sub performance from a dedicated class D and the 4 ch 500 would give me more scope to play about with the sound stage with the possibility of rear fill.

I am so confused now as I originally was going with the 5ch then asking CEL about seperate amps he said that would be better and the other forum say only the DEI 500.
I thought this was going to be easy, but with all the money its going to cost I want to get it right!!!

I would say that the separate amps, with a dedicated monoblock for the sub is the way to go, if you want the ultimate in quality. If you have another 4-channel this will allow you upgrade potential as well. If you want to add 7x10s or 6x9s or some other speakers to give more quality soundstaging from the rear (and I find the best balance is slightly faded to the rear full-range speakers with a lot more treble at the front from the dash tweeters) then my view is that the 2 amps (4-channel plus monoblock) are the best way to go about this.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Thanks ICEman, I think though itll will have to be the 600d to go along with the 500 as I have found even lower prices on DEI gear.

Try www.letsbuycaraudio.com they are giving them away!! LOL!