ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DiRT 4 (June '17)

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
First trailer released for DiRT 4, coming in June. Initial teaser trailer has been released, also found a gameplay video too.
Reading a few comments and forum threads there's a few butthurt people out there hoping for Dirt Rally 2, however I welcome a new proper DiRT game as 3 was absolute brilliant. Plus all of the moaners stating Dirt Rally was too hard will be pleased.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
It looks promising so far, if it keeps Dirt rally style on the physics side and then adds in some of the more casual/fun elements of dirt 3 I can see it being really good.

What a s**t video that gameplay one is, those two are so incredibly boring.

Can't wait for this. I get so frustrated with Dirt Rally and don't play it as much as I should. This should give the comprimise to allow you to much around with trucks/buggies etc when it all gets a little too much.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. I prefer the likes of DIRT Rally compared to DIRT3, but I'll be interested to see how this pans out.

DIRT Rally for me strikes good balance between fun and some form of realism. Its rewarding when you get it right, but not massively frustrating when you don't.

Goliath I
It looks promising so far, if it keeps Dirt rally style on the physics side and then adds in some of the more casual/fun elements of dirt 3 I can see it being really good.

What a s**t video that gameplay one is, those two are so incredibly boring.
This. Had to turn it off half way through as they clearly had no clue what they were going on about... 'There was another booth which had what I think was a rally car with a cage or something...' What?

Hope it has proper leagues and championships.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Still never won a single race in Dirt Rally... maybe that's more realistic, but it just isn't fun. Dirt 2 was absolutely brilliant, but felt they were losing it a bit with the third one, hopefully this'll put it back on track.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still never won a single race in Dirt Rally... maybe that's more realistic, but it just isn't fun. Dirt 2 was absolutely brilliant, but felt they were losing it a bit with the third one, hopefully this'll put it back on track.
Strangely - I did s**t on Rally when I hooked up the G25 wheel. I didn't really go to town with tweaking the setups, but I felt there was a big delay between steering inputs having any affect on screen.

I didn't do well at all. Then tried it several weeks later with an XBox One pad on standard settings. I did a whole lot better with the pad. Totally the opposite on Project Cars, though!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Realism > being easy.

Apparently there's going to be two seperate physics models, one is a more developed version of the Dirt Rally one, the other is the arcadey one to keep the console players happy.

I'm gonna wait and see what the initial reviews from the sim guys say, but I'm hopeful.

EDIT: From the roadbook:
That said, if you loved DiRT Rally’s simulation engine then you have nothing to fear. In fact we’ve made significant improvements to it with new aerodynamics, more accurate modelling of suspension geometry, new tyre models and better damage simulation. On top of all that we’ve made huge improvements in our lighting tech, arm over arm animation and character modelling so there is plenty to look forward to.

Think they should split the series like forza horizon/motorsport. Dirt rally as a sim and Dirt as more arcade with different types of racing available.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Bump, surprised no-one else is talking about this as its out today. Had a few runs on the rally and its great, some definite improvements.

RS Clio 182
Really impressed so far - theyve put some great little details in there and its overall more in-depth.....did one of the first races in Rally Cross at Lyddon Hill - one of the AI cars retired in the middle of the track with a blown engine, on lap 1,i narrowly avoided him but his team mate ploughed into him haha. I LOVE little things like this,its what Pcars & Assetto are missing imo.

RS Clio 182
Is it easier than DiRT Rally lol?

Will probably pick this up on pay day.

Yeah,theres a choice of 'gamer' or 'sim' handling....gamer is simplified,more arcade handling,although its still a real challenge.

Theres some great rally stages in Spain - some really fast downhill sections..

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Really enjoying this game. codemasters have done it again IMO!

I can't wait for Micro Machines to come out also! [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

RS Clio 182
The inclusion of Spain and Australia is a great addition - i think 'gamer' handling is very playable and feels about right to me - i simply havnt the time to start mastering 'sim' handling. You still have the feeling of one wrong move and your stage is over on 'gamer'. The old Seat felt great on the Spanish tarmac,awesome handling on that thing.

Having your own team,staff etc. has made me love Rally mode again,you actually care about your own car and what damage it has taken.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Im on sim.

Can you change it ? The rallying side of it feels perfect. All the other events i.e. RallyX and LandRush feel horrible !

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
DiRT 2 was just awesome, didn't think the third installment was quite as good. Getting hyped for this now though :)

Lot easier to play than dirt rally, like the my team addition with liverys and sponsors etc and it's nice to have the stadium trucks back.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like it. Only had an hour or so on it but it seems good.

Just need some cash to unlock some better cars.