ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DiRT 4 (June '17)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What are people playing this on?

I'm on PS4 and the steering can feel really vague at times, sometimes quite unresponsive or really slow.

Only playing it on gamer mode with a pad as I don't have room for a wheel setup anywhere. Maybe I need to look at my settings to see if I can speed things up somewhere.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I haven't got round to playing with a wheel yet so have only had a go at simulation with a pad but it's very good. A million times better than Project Cars ever was with a pad, I actually feel I could play for just fun without having to get a whole set up out.

Also the crosskarts are b******s that spin so easily.

Me, I'm just hoping it's as accurate as Dirt Rally. But without the stupid invincible gravel verges.
Not played it, but it's supposed to be a notch down in difficulty from Rally - they've got Rally2 on the way at some point.

I'm really excited to pick this up at some point - the auto-generating stages sound awesome.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It's better than Rally, tbh, but I didn't like how brutally difficult Rally was so I don't think I even have five hours in it

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't find Rally too overly difficult, tbh. Sure, to get super fast times were tricky, but it was quite easy to get with the flow using a straight-forward 360 pad, for me.

It was using a wheel that I struggled with - lol.

RS Clio 182
Isnt trying to avoid the banks on the edge of the track the 'skill' in playing the game hehe...

Anyway,the 'gamer' handling' simplifies things,makes it more playable for the casual gamer...

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a little byast here, but bombing it around in the 1995 Impreza is a lot of fun!

Shame it's left hand drive...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Isnt trying to avoid the banks on the edge of the track the 'skill' in playing the game hehe...

Anyway,the 'gamer' handling' simplifies things,makes it more playable for the casual gamer...
Well, obviously, but if it handles completely unrealistically if you DO make a mistake it kills the immersion.

Anyway, this is about Dirt Rally, not Dirt 4.

RS Clio 182
Well, obviously, but if it handles completely unrealistically if you DO make a mistake it kills the immersion.

Anyway, this is about Dirt Rally, not Dirt 4.

The handling is fine for me,just a little more forgiving than the DR sim handling.

Theres some brilliant,fast downhill stages in Wales & Australia - bombing down those in an Impreza takes some skill to get through without an error!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Might give this a shot then. I could do with a new driving game, at least until Forza 7 comes out.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Quick review from me.
Completed over half of the career now, absolutely love this game TBH. I wasn't sure at first, as I loved Dirt Rally so much, this game is far more forgiving, the rally's are much easier, but still lots of fun.
One thing to note is the rally tracks on this game are auto-generated, as in, they are not set routes like on Dirt Rally, the tracks are completely random and at times you can take the exact same turn 3-4 times in one round. Makes them very hard to learn as they are different every time, but at the same time makes them more challenging as you don't know what's around the next corner.
Landrush and Rallycross are both lots of fun, rallycross especially, throwing a Rally X car around like nothing is a right laugh.

The game is much easier than Dirty Rally, purely because you can tailor the difficulty settings yourself, either in gamer (arcade) or challenging (simulation) modes, then set the AI difficulty too (easy through to brutal) and prize money differs dependent on difficulty. You can still employ a full team and upgrade facilities and add sponsors with sponsor targets for cash, perks for your engineers etc and design your own team. You get more money for entering your own team into an event, but you have to repair your car yourself and your team takes a cut of the cash, or you can drive for another team instead if you don't have the required car, where repairs are free but their team takes a much bigger cut.

Also there's a joyride event which is just a big gymkhana playground with time trials and smash events, a good laugh between career events.

I'd recommend the game personally, not played anything else for 2 weeks now!

RS Clio 182
Awesome moment in Rally Cross earlier when an AI car in front of me lost his whole front bumper - and it flicked off my bonnet & windscreen,i love little details like that! Really realistic thwakking sound aswell. This is the perfect time for Codies to make a Grid game,using this engine - i think its time!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Bought this a couple of weeks ago before our holidays and enjoying it so far. Though was halfway through the monthly challenge (12 stage event) and doing pretty well until I wrote the car off. Was bloody raging.

Nobody seems to play online though which is disappointing.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Online is pretty pants TBH. Pro Tour is alright but can take a long time to progress, and also a long time for a lobby to fill to actually start an event.
I've tried online multiplayer Rallycross and it was horrific, nobody braking, corner bombing, generally horrid driving (even worse than Forza 6). 6 cars into the first corner isn't going to end well.

I've found that for pretty much all racing games on a public server - even those that try to race properly (i.e. realistically) you will always get that one person who either smashes into everyone else or just cuts every corner to win dirty.

RS Clio 182
Online racing is pointless to me unless someone sets up a weekly league thing so theres actually some point to it. Theres just too many idiots out there that crash into you.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Managed to finish the game on Tuesday. Was a bit of a grind tbh but a really easy platinum trophy on PS4.

Not sure if I'll keep if for future DLC.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Got bored of it and stopped playing a couple of weeks back. Rally career was just becoming too repetitive and same old, only came on for the daily challenges for a bit before I stopped!