ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

discs and pads

RenaultSport 182
just fitted brembo hc discs and carbone lorraine pads, first drive of car and fantastic stopping power, only about 15 miles covered , went out for blast through the lanes today , and what a smell only covered about 10 miles , front wheels covered in dust , is this normal , do they smell because they are new , or will they always do that , also starting to squeel at low speed which i expected , discs have a bluish tint to them . i have got the same discs on my wifes 182 but with ferodo ds pads and they look normal , is this due to the compound of the pads.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Not familiar with CL but you should get a burnt smell when bedding in and the disc will have a blueish tint as you put them through the heat cycle.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^Yep!

Horrible things, the CL's.

They eat your wheels, squeel like a tw*t and are iffy when cold.

Horrible if you're a raging homo. Awesome if you're a man who drives his car while everyone else is cleaning thiers with a toothpick.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
DS's are 80% as good, but have 80% less drawbacks!

Plus, you don't need to factor in wheels as consumables.

Never tried those TBH. I think I'll use them for my next track outing, as my CLs are fucked anyway. Running road pads at the moment but will fit the rodos and try them out.

RE: wheels, it helps if they are not the colour of most peoples toilets -x-

I keep meaning to get some pics up of my CLs post Rockingham. They took so much heat that the backing plates are visibly bent. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it, but the backing plates are definitely bent, meaning the entire pad must have gone soft with heat but still didn't suffer any fade. Crazy, crazy, brake pads.