ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Cambelt

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I've ended up having to change the aux belt whilst replacing a suspect dodgy alternator (http://www.cliosport.net/threads/alternator-power-steering-or-air-con.809078/#post-11421735). So the bumper's off, aux belt's off, plus a bunch of other stuff which would need to be done for a cambelt change. I've read the guides (like a hundred times :smile:) and as far as I can tell, as long as I use the right locking tools (crank and shafts), the procedure is fiddly but straight forward, and not beyond the skills of a competent home mechanic (term used loosely). I don't need the car as its not my daily and I'm in no rush so I can go steady & methodically........so I'm tempted to have a go at this. Is it really as straight forward as the manual and guides imply?

:up:

330i. E30 Touring.
It's not rocket science mate. Just follow the guide, use the tools as intended and double check everything..

Hardest part is getting the c**t of a lower cambelt cover to wiggle out and back in without snapping it.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
^ this is ridiculous really :smile:, the guy who wrote the guide said as much!