ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY stonechip guards

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I made myself some chip protectors for the rear quarters in front of the arches. I did this on my other 2 clios but forgot to take any pics. I bought a roll of the adhesive stoneguard film off eBay, other items are a cereal box to make a template, modelling knife, scissors, pen, IPA cleaning solution, soapy water spray and a squeegee blade.
I cut my template to shape, it can really be a size and shape to suit yourself, the only bits to get right are the bottom edge and the curve of the arch.
Then draw round the template onto the carrier film of your vinyl, most of this stuff has a backing sheet for the actual film and a carrier film over the top which you peel off once the vinyl is in place (just like vinyl graphics)
Clean the panel area with IPA then soak it with the soapy water solution. This allows you to float the vinyl on and into position. Then working from the centre with the squeegee ease the film onto the panel pushing any bubbles out. I found once I had got it on using the low heat setting on the heat gun helped mould the film onto the panel.
It is almost invisible when on. You use the same template for the other side, just turn it over. Here's a few pics
IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Any chance of linking to the stuff you bought. Looks like a great idea and want to do it too.