ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Suspension

Hello,

Ok my modding is to begin in earnest soon. In a few days I order my bucket seats and harness. I have already stripped out the back and saved a wopping (nearly) 9 stone with all the audio stuff I ripped out aswell as the seats. Well odviosly 9 stone in a little RT is a lot. So the back end is now arse up in the air. So after the seats are fitted and I have cleaned the back out a bit I plan on lowering it at the end of the month. I plan on lowering about 40 mm, but I dont want to pay to get it done. The front should be straight forward, but at the back there is the torsion bar. Can anyone explain how to lower the back? Or if you know anywhere thats got pictures on how to do it? I have a feeling I might need to lower the back more that 40mm to get it to look right. Because at the moment its sitting far far higher than the front. Its rose about 2-3 inches above what it was with the weight in the back. Also I remember someone having an accident in his willy because the brake bias (or something like that) hadnt been altered properly. How do I do this? Or is it a more proffesional job? I want to try and do much as possible myself. Man power isnt a problem if I need help and my dads got more tools than Snap on.

Oh and I plan to purchase a kit. I have seen an Apex kit for about £200. I dont want to be paying much more. So if you have any suggestions on that front aswell.

So any help would be apreciated.

Cheers

Paul