ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy missing under 2k 182 engine

clio
Not long put a new fly on me Clio and recently when warm I get a slight miss under 2k on load say from 20mph in 3rd after slowed down if you ease it on its OK.. If you keep revs above high it don't miss.. It does it pulling away too don't show up no codes? Thinking leads? Don't think it's the lightend fly as its OK when it's cold.. Anyone had it before?

Cheers :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had HT leads arc'ing out on the inlet manifold before. Same symptoms, missing when it got hot.

clio
Yer I had a bad miss fire ages ago i didnt use it for a while and it magically went away changed fly so had it all out and apart and not long after this starts happening I did think leads hence no codes popping up just wanted other opinions before buying some

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yer I had a bad miss fire ages ago i didnt use it for a while and it magically went away changed fly so had it all out and apart and not long after this starts happening I did think leads hence no codes popping up just wanted other opinions before buying some
Got a mate with the same car you could swap to try first?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Won't be the flywheel Ash, it'll be something stupid as already suggested.

clio
Didn't think it would be Mick as not like it cold..
Haven't got no local friends with any to try Daniel so will just buy some new..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't buy cheap ones. I also tried that once and the ends were too long meaning the didn't sit in the plug properly and it made the misfire ten times worse! Lol