ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Window up/down

RB Clio 182
Hi people, i am just after a bit of help and information.

As you may be aware, i have had a passenger window problem now for a while, originally my passenger electric window stopped working, so i bought a supposedly good passenger side regulator off here.

Anyway, this didn't fix the issue, so a few weeks later i decided to try a new switch, and 'abracadabra... shazzazzazoom', the window now goes up and down.

No.. not good news, now when i press up, the window goes down, and when i press down, the window goes up, and i chucked my 'what was probably a good regulator in the bin, hehehaha fucksakes!

So is it a possibility that i was sold a drivers side regulator, and thats why the window doesnt do as its told?

If so, i will simply order a new PASSENGER side regulator, or.... is there any simple wiring changes that i could make, so that when i press up it goes up, and when i press down it goes down?

Thank you kindly for reading this post, and i accept any help with great gratitude and thankfulness, like when i gave a tramp a fiver so i could stroke his Alsation 'Erik'

Cheers.

PH2 172
Strangely, after my door mirror switch & loom cooked itself, I`ve ended up with an eBay replacement that operates the right hand mirror (UK drivers) whilst switched to the left & visa versa.
DOOR WIRING 2017-02-18.jpg

Last edited:
  172 Ph1
What switches are you operating when it works backwards up and down ?

Switch on drivers door for passenger window ?
Or the passengers left door switch ?

172 Ph1
It's way earlier to swap the pins over on the motor . Then you'll not be messing with the wires on the interior side .

If lazy mode has set in , I'd say swap pin 2 and 6 over .
Confirm colours where they go through the door . Thickest wires as they carry the most current .

RB Clio 182
It's way earlier to swap the pins over on the motor . Then you'll not be messing with the wires on the interior side .

If lazy mode has set in , I'd say swap pin 2 and 6 over .
Confirm colours where they go through the door . Thickest wires as they carry the most current .
Have you got a diagram of the pins on the motor i need to swap over mate?

Ill give that a go this aft.

Cheers buddy.

RB Clio 182
If i swap the wires on the passenger switch on the drivers side, will i also need to swap the wires on the passenger side for that one to operate correctly?

Strangely, after my door mirror switch & loom cooked itself, I`ve ended up with an eBay replacement that operates the right hand mirror (UK drivers) whilst switched to the left & visa versa.

Some Clio's have the door mirror switch round the other way @STEVE.M

My mates dCi I thought had been bodged or something, but some face backwards and some forwards for the wiring or whatever. Weird isn't it but turn the switch the other way.

$_1.jpg

Renault-Clio-MK2-PH2-Electric-Window-Mirror-Switch.jpg

If it worked fine before then I would try another reg and switches from a proven working car if you can?

The motor plug (with two thick wires) can only go one way so no chance of it being the wrong way. Same as the switch plugs passenger and drivers.

Also I don't suppose the reg you got was from a PH1 or different model?

PH2 172
Some Clio's have the door mirror switch round the other way @STEVE.M

My mates dCi I thought had been bodged or something, but some face backwards and some forwards for the wiring or whatever. Weird isn't it but turn the switch the other way.

The housing must also be different, as there is a protrusion preventing me from rotating the switch.