ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does the occasional crunch from 2nd to 3rd mean gearbox is naffed?

Nix

A6, 197
Hi guys, im stil hunting vigorously for a clio 197 for my other half and im running out of time, anyway i saw a clio 197today, and it was spotless but owner did however say that very occasionally there is a crunch going from 2nd to 3rd, does this mean the the gearbox is naffed/on its way out? how much longer do you think it would last roughly? can the gearbox be repaired or would it need a whole new box? the car is however high miles 120k and i wouldn't normally consider this but its got a custom spray really nice alloys ect and its alot lower than my budget so id have money left to right any wrongs, it really is mint so im considering it.

thanks guys, uve prob had enough of me buy now :>)
-nicola

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
for some a gearbox rebuild is a day at the weekend, paying for a rebuilt and then a day to get it back in..

For others is £1000 I bet..

Avoid... And if you test drive another make sure the box is good as this is the second thread this week on 197 crunching boxes..

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Walk away as Dave says,loads of 197s out there get a better one and 120k miles thats a lot.