ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dont laugh - how do I read the mileage?

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Cars been sat in the garage for some time being fettled for track days so not yet ready to start the engine quite yet. its an RB 182

I need to send off the mileage reading to my new insurers within the next few days and can't remember what it was reading. Problem is that its a road legal track car so only need 3000 miles and if I get it wrong I'll possibly run out and when MOTing it shortly it'll differ from what I've told the insurers if I guess and they want proof of end mileage at insurance year end.

Ignition on, all warning lights show but miles don't show, does it require the engine to start to read the figure [or is that part of the panel fubar'd?]

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Standard clocks? Mileage usually comes up after the ignition has been left on for a bit and it stops showing the Oil message, or just press the button on the end of the right stalk to switch menu screen until you see the mileage.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Standard clocks? Mileage usually comes up after the ignition has been left on for a bit and it stops showing the Oil message, or just press the button on the end of the right stalk to switch menu screen until you see the mileage.
Yup. It's 30 seconds you have to wait or as said just scroll through.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Ahaaah - many thanks. Didnt leave the ignition on long enough and not pressed the button - apologies but having had a track focused VAG Golf Mk1 for years this renault is new to me and a bit more modern [and I've not actually driven it yet :rolleyes:]