ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door open light stays on

Clio 172
I've gone through all the similar threads and will check out the boot lock/hook further, but all seems fine there so far.
The interior light goes out when both front doors are closed, so thos sensors must be fine.
With the ignition turned on but engine not started, the light is on. When I turn the lights on to main beam with the ignition turned on,the light goes off. I start the car with the lights on and the light is back on again.
I don't know if this provides any more diagnostic assistance, but everything else seems to work - no problem with the alarm and central locking.
Any other thoughts apart from the boot latch?
It's a 172 by the way.

Clio 172
I'm even more confused now. With the ignition turned on, all the sensors work fine - I open a door/boot and the light goes on. Shut them and the light goes off, just as they should work.
The behaviour I saw earlier - light is on unless I turn on main beam has now gone. I'm now testing in the dark, I don't know whether the light sensors are causing a change in behaviour.
I now have the situation where the warning light is off when ignition turned on, but the light comes on as soon as I start the engine.
Any thoughts? Only a small issue but it's defying my logic. Something else must be happening when I start the engine.

renault clio 1.4 16v
this is a strange one, id check where the light earths to as well as the sensors plugs.. sounds like you have an epic lose connection somewhere... or you could just live with it until the problem develops further making it easier to find.

Focus RS + S3
Dont know if it'll help at all but my brother had led bulbs in his boot light, and it caused no end of issues, car thought boot was open at random times and it set alarm off constantly

Switched back to halogen and been fine since

Clio 172
Good idea, I haven't checked that. I've only just obtained the car so haven't gone through it all yet,

renault clio 1.4 16v
all my interior lights are led and i have not had any issues, even my brake clusters and park lights are all led.:confused:

although. it is french. so anything is possible

I don't mean to thread hijack, but I have a very similar problem too.

It developed today, the door open light came on while driving, I laughed and ignored it, and then noticed that it flashes with the indicator, so I can only assume it's some sort of bad earth or something?

Anyone any ideas?

Clio 172
My problem was very simple, as they all are when you find them. The connector to the rear light itself wasn't pushed together fully so it was losing contact over bumps. Pushed the connector fully home and all fixed.