ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Re: Drag Racing at Shakesphere

Great Atmosphere at Shakey! Much more fun than pod!

More enthusiasts than chavs!

big boost cup

Im up for tagging along. will see if i can get some of the South Central lot to come along

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Seconded. I won't race though. My Audi is too fast and I don't want to risk my NOS blowing the welds on the intake just to race some Clios! Psshh.

I always thought your motor was slow...but it seemed to develop extra grunt when out with those Subarus yesterday! :race: ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

The only thing the oil burner will destroy is everyone's ears with that bloody whistling it makes. lol

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

I thought it was going to go bang the other day, when it wouldn't start that sh*t me right up.

For an engine that's got tin foil gaskets and is held together by hopes & dreams,
i'm amazed it works at all haha.

I always thought your motor was slow...but it seemed to develop extra grunt when out with those Subarus yesterday! :race: ;)
I genuinely don't know why you keep saying that lol. If I was driving faster, it was to keep up. That point I ended up in front of you was 'cause I got left behind and when I overtook people, I got stuck. >.<

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

I thought it was going to go bang the other day, when it wouldn't start that sh*t me right up.

For an engine that's got tin foil gaskets and is held together by hopes & dreams,
i'm amazed it works at all haha.

built like a tank, drives like a 50cc hairdryer.
it always works if you give it time to wake up lol.

fml, when it wouldnt start i was ffs hee we go again , then it went lol.
' dont let the revs drop ' ;) haha

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'll come too. Plenty of notice would be ideal though.

2002 Clio 172 Cup

I'll be going on the 13th/14th October.

Anyone from here going on these dates?

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro

I'm always up for Shakespear! £32 for whole days drag racing is a bargain in my eyes.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Will set up a new thread for this soon but just gauging interest at the minute.

Thinking we should do a 'RunWhatYaBrung' session asap before the weather goes totally tits up on us.

Price is £12 per person admission and then a 'track fee' of £25 which gives unlimited runs.

ShakespeareWebsite said:
To compete all you need is a vehicle. This will be checked for safeness by the raceway's knowledgeable scrutineering crew, seatbelts, suitable clothing, a valid driving licence and a crash helmet. Crash helmets are NOW a requirement of the Raceway for all drivers taking part in any RWYB Public Track Day

Spoke to them about dates and theres not many left this year so I'm going to provisionally say Sunday 14th October?
How does this sound?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Thinking we should do a 'RunWhatYaBrung' session asap before the weather goes totally tits up on us.

Price is £12 per person admission and then a 'track fee' of £25 which gives unlimited runs.

Spoke to them about dates and theres not many left this year so I'm going to provisionally say Sunday 14th October?
How does this sound?

Will they hire helmets? As not wanting to purchase one just yet...

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

Not too expensive to buy one that'll get us on the strip,
I wouldn't enter any races with it but it'll do for 1/4 mile blasts.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/driver/omp-star-helmet

trans.png
trans.png
£62.30 delivered.

Santa Pod don't require helmets for cars that cross the line under 100mph,
not sure if they've got ant RWYB days coming up though.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Helmets, mine is kite marked etc for motorcycle use so while not brilliant if its good enough for a motorcycle I'm sure it'll be okay in our cars up to 90mph, it was circa £30 throuch ebay new, retails at
£70 as for hiring I can imagine they do, something I forgot to ask when I emailed Jerry, will send him another now and ask.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

How does this sound?

I am well up for that, going to have my helmet by then too!

WRX

Pretty sure you only need a helmet if your terminal speed will be over the ton, that's what the rule was last time I was at Pod.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

Stratford Raceway has made it mandatory for all runs regardless of top speed,
the Pod are more relaxed up to 100mph.

Edit : Holy sh*t ebay helmets are piss cheap. :D

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah exactly Dave, eBay helmets are fine for what we need. I'd be happy to use a motorcycle one for the odd trackday too, obviously tested a fair bit.
Seems there'll be a better atmosphere at Shakey then Pod, and possibly more runs etc as doesn't seem it'll be quite as busy.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

To be fair Matt, I can see where you're coming from but I think a motorcycle helmet or whatever will be perfectly adequate considering Pod you wouldn't use one at all do doesn't need to be OTT.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

To be fair Matt, I can see where you're coming from but I think a motorcycle helmet or whatever will be perfectly adequate considering Pod you wouldn't use one at all do doesn't need to be OTT.

Wondered who you were talking to then...Just realised its your reply...

Might use my cycling helmet!! ;)

(All this and I don't even know if I'm going to be running yet!)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

If I was going on a proper track day where it's possible I could flip the car and die then i'd spend some money,
but I blast up empty duel carriageways almost everyday wearing nothing more than a smile,
so for a quick blast in a straight line up to 90 odd, I think a budget one will be fine.