ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft replacement/repair

172 LB Clio
Right, I purchased a driveshaft from Renault (part number 711135155 - Driveshaft s/exrh) at the cost of £149.82. The inner cv has failed and the dealership I purchased from making sure they are the same as any other main dealer parts department want me to pay for a tech to inspect it (£90) before they decide if the part is faulty or not. It has been on the car for less than four months and the car has done less than 2000miles.

I want to buy another, I dont want to use renault. What are my options? Can the inner CV be replaced? Its a metal cylinder type joint? Will update with photos later today.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
The standard shafts they supply are for non cup items. To order Cup shafts you need there specific part numbers (especially if you spek to one of the girls as they just go by what the computer tells them)

Monaco 172
Right, I purchased a driveshaft from Renault (part number 711135155 - Driveshaft s/exrh) at the cost of £149.82. The inner cv has failed and the dealership I purchased from making sure they are the same as any other main dealer parts department want me to pay for a tech to inspect it (£90) before they decide if the part is faulty or not.

Is the £90 waived/credited if it is a part failure? Seems naughty to charge first if its a potential parts warranty issue.
I work for a main dealer (Mercedes) and our parts warranty works by us checking the car and if its genuinely a parts fault, the part is then replaced and fitted by us at no charge. But if its the fault of the owner/fitter then they are liable for paying for the labour and parts.

The inner cv has failed and the dealership I purchased from making sure they are the same as any other main dealer parts department want me to pay for a tech to inspect it (£90) before they decide if the part is faulty or not.
Turbo fitted warranty void lose £90 Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

172 LB Clio
Is the £90 waived/credited if it is a part failure? Seems naughty to charge first if its a potential parts warranty issue.
I work for a main dealer (Mercedes) and our parts warranty works by us checking the car and if its genuinely a parts fault, the part is then replaced and fitted by us at no charge. But if its the fault of the owner/fitter then they are liable for paying for the labour and parts.

Yes but i know having a turbo clio they will just wriggle out of it and I will end up with a £90 bill plus £140 for another part. I have ordered a J&R shaft so will see how that goes.
Renault have been hopeless, parts department wanted me to remove it and buy another new shaft so they could send mine off for assessment, then told me there was nothing they could do. To be honest I feel in my area, if you are under the age of 30 and walk into a delership no one will give you the time of day, I couldn't have been nicer when I walked in there but all I got back was arrogance and a "dont care" attitude.

I understand its a business and these charges help potential non claims, but it takes no more than 10minutes to lift the car in the air and see my cv grease all over my gearbox and bulkhead to realise the part is at fault.

Monaco 172
Yes but i know having a turbo clio they will just wriggle out of it and I will end up with a £90 bill plus £140 for another part. I have ordered a J&R shaft so will see how that goes.
Renault have been hopeless, parts department wanted me to remove it and buy another new shaft so they could send mine off for assessment, then told me there was nothing they could do. To be honest I feel in my area, if you are under the age of 30 and walk into a delership no one will give you the time of day, I couldn't have been nicer when I walked in there but all I got back was arrogance and a "dont care" attitude.

I understand its a business and these charges help potential non claims, but it takes no more than 10minutes to lift the car in the air and see my cv grease all over my gearbox and bulkhead to realise the part is at fault.

If that's Renault's warranty process then it's awful !! Get on twitter and badmouth them.. seems to work these days.

172 LB Clio

This is exactly what my Renault one has just done.

lowered...
different wheels....
spacers.....

stealers will f*ck you up man....(for some reason my mind does this in a Jamaican accent...)

It just irritates me the only way to get a "better quality" part is to go to the manufacturer but when there warranty process is so wnak it leaves you no choice but to delve into the internet unknown.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I have a similar issue with my genuine Renault shaft, strange.

Would a 1 piece shaft sort this issue?

PH2 172
Right, I purchased a driveshaft from Renault (part number 711135155 - Driveshaft s/exrh) at the cost of £149.82. .

I`m beginning to believe there is more to this than meets the eye.
711135155 does not seem to exist outside of this thread if you Google it.
Do you have an invoice or the label from the packaging?

8200257767 is the correct number for non cup 172 pH2 RH shaft.

I found this:http://www.renaultgenuineparts.com/renault-8200257767-driveshaft-rh/ which I believe is the correct UK price
but also this
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Genuine-Rena...ivers-Side-Driveshaft-8200257767/171954808487
which is possibly the French price.(And the same as K*Tech price)

There`s nothing wrong with dealers exploiting the difference in pricing between national markets, to benefit sales & customers, but as your genuine shaft has gashed itself on the crankcase,
have you been stitched up with a J&R shaft at genuine money?

172 LB Clio
20170418_151737.jpg
@STEVE.M