ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving with a flat...

Lou

can this cause damage?
When driving home tonight, my car felt really weird, pulling to the side.
Got home and realised my back tyre is almost flat. I drove 6 miles home and it could of been like this the whole way.

Lou

When I realised it didnt feel right i didnt go any faster than 30mph.
Going to see if it will take some air to get me to local garage in morning to get it replaced!

Lou

Well its not a puncture, someone has put something into the tyre wall! Not happy! Having to go speak to the car park security tomorrow.

Lou

There is only one person in the whole hospital I know that doesn't like me but I'm hoping the whole act will have been caught on CCTV.

if you've driven any distance on a completely flat tyre, it may well have had it - the deflated sidewalls will have been bent double and will have taken a pounding from the weight of the car - obviously depends upon what's happened in your case, but have it inspected properly before considering repairing/reusing it

if you've driven any distance on a completely flat tyre, it may well have had it - the deflated sidewalls will have been bent double and will have taken a pounding from the weight of the car - obviously depends upon what's happened in your case, but have it inspected properly before considering repairing/reusing it

If the sidewalls been pierced your boned anyway unless you know a dodgy guy that will do it for you.

Lou

If the sidewalls been pierced your boned anyway unless you know a dodgy guy that will do it for you.

What do you mean by that?

A4 Avant
If you've driven any real kind of distance on a complete flat you'll probably find you've damaged the side wall. It's not worth the risk if you get a blow out in future.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
its pos WHEN you got the flat you drove over a object and it got stuck in your tyre. maybe know one is out to get you btw.

Lou

If you've driven any real kind of distance on a complete flat you'll probably find you've damaged the side wall. It's not worth the risk if you get a blow out in future.

I'm going to be getting a full new tyre tomorrow! There is no chance it can be fixed!

sorry - i misread - the tyre's obviously had it then!
there *shouldn't* be any other damage if the rim hasn't cut through the tyre; they're fairly low profile tyres so can't see the drop in ride height on the one side causing any problems either - ?

Lou

sorry - i misread - the tyre's obviously had it then!
there *shouldn't* be any other damage if the rim hasn't cut through the tyre; they're fairly low profile tyres so can't see the drop in ride height on the one side causing any problems either - ?

My sisters fiance had a look and said nothing is damaged luckily. Got one of his spare alloys on it just now until get new tyre fitted in morning!!
Damn the 182 for not having a spare!! Really need to source one!

It really is worth getting at least a spare tyre and keeping it in the boot/shed/garage. When puncture time comes, these are not particularly easy tyres to get hold of. Very few tyre places seem to stock them, which means ordering for next day (if you're lucky) and paying top dorrar.

Not wanting to hi-jack your thread, but I woke up the other day to find my offside rear flat. The tyre weld worked well enough for me to get to a tyre place. Initially they said it couldn't be repaired because tyre weld had been used. Some talking, and 20 minutes later it was repaired. However, because it's so close to the sidewall, and was caused by an actual cut, I ordered a new one anyway and will be having it fitted tomorrow. Not worth risking a dodgy tyre, especially living in Germany and doing 120+ most days.