ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DVLA Vehicle Keeper History - how to get yours!

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Doesn’t work anymore I’m afraid. They have clamped down and no longer send out keeper history just because it’s nice to have. It doesn’t fit in their reasons for supplying previous keeper info anymore

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Doesn’t work anymore I’m afraid. They have clamped down and no longer send out keeper history just because it’s nice to have. It doesn’t fit in their reasons for supplying previous keeper info anymore
That must have been why they didn't send out the information when I requested it, that's a shame, wonder if their is a way round it somehow?

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I asked last month for the history on my RGV 250. I even embellished it a bit stating it was part of a collection of classic 2 stroke motorcycles I owned and wanted the information to add to the history of it etc. I had already been told on a couple of other forums that they had tightened up at the end of last year. The letter I got back said basically that since 2017 they had reviewed their policy and now only sent out information if it fit their “justified reason” criteria, ie you were seeking the information following a traffic collision and that’s about it really.

PH2 172
I asked last month for the history on my RGV 250. I even embellished it a bit stating it was part of a collection of classic 2 stroke motorcycles I owned and wanted the information to add to the history of it etc. I had already been told on a couple of other forums that they had tightened up at the end of last year. The letter I got back said basically that since 2017 they had reviewed their policy and now only sent out information if it fit their “justified reason” criteria, ie you were seeking the information following a traffic collision and that’s about it really.
There are some things you be happier not knowing if you have a ringer.
http://www.rgv250.co.uk/index.html/articles/chassis-numbers-model-identification-r28/

Oh what I didn't know this!! So after all the years I've got this information for my previous cars, they are now stopping. Great! That said, my current daily that I bought in April 2017, I still managed to get the full keeper history, as normal, with no issues - must have been just before they changed the rules maybe!

2003 Clio 172
Rules have definitely changed as stated as my request also got rejected. Shame as I'm about the 11th owner so would have been interesting to see what they had on file. Oh well ?