ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique Handling

Ive had my Dynamique 2 years now and have hugely enjoyed it, compared to my first car (1996 Clio RN) its a fair bit quicker and much better round corners, anyway, I was wondering how people were getting on with the handling?

Ive heard a few adverse comments recently about the handling and to be honest it completely threw me, my favourite thing about my car is the way it takes a bend! I took it down to Dorset yesterday, Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door, Tyneham, Corfe Castle etc, was a bit apprehensive as it was Good Friday and its the sort of route where if you get stuck behind a car thats tough look for 30 minutes or so, virtually no passing points, oddly enough the roads were completely dead and had a fantastic day. Could throw it into a bend and come out the other end smiling. Obviously acceleration is a bit stodgy but for a 1.2 its respectable. Just as good though was the fuel consumption, covered 130 miles often quite high in the rev range and was amazed to see 50.2MPG at the end of the day.

Just wondered if any other Dynamique owners had opinions on this, I havent driven any other 1.2 that comes close, clearly its not a 182 round a bend but its still pretty good. If I come up behind a car around a twisty road Ive rarely struggled to keep up. Im quite blessed where I live as its all B Roads, can be a bit crap in the Summer because the whole country comes down this way, but if you pick your times and routes well its a blast.

RS4

i own a dynamique aswell, and i have driven a completely standard one and i think the handling is quite good aswell, but my own clio has been lowered 60mm and the handling is absolutly brilliant, i may not have any power but the handling is top notch

Polo + Micra

yeah i thought the handling was ok until i put the coilovers on:D (and now the dry weather is here the gsd3s are working real well).

RB 182

Yeah Ive found the corner good, theres a section of road that I come off much better than most others (it helps I know the road)