ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Up at uni in Manchester at the moment, e36 is a project I've been helping my brother on when I'm back. Lack of thread has mainly been because we're so unsure of its future!! Bought it with a blown HG, but the head was cracked and it's been slow on progress. I'll write it up once it's back to full health!

Probably going to stay away from stripping it out etc as it's in such good condition (apart from the engine of course ;-) )

Oh, interesting stuff, didn't realise you were still at uni! So is the "car" field of your profile right? You've ended up in a fiesta now? What happened to the Clio?

Steering wheel looks lush, Rob. Great update.

My condolences.

PMSL.

Cheers northerner. When are you next gracing us with your presence?

3 Series touring
Oh, interesting stuff, didn't realise you were still at uni! So is the "car" field of your profile right? You've ended up in a fiesta now? What happened to the Clio?

Still there as I was on a placement last year, got a mk7 fiesta with a whole 1.25 litres of engine!
Had an Astra for a bit but it would cut out everywhere (even once on the m25!) had the whole engine in bits and no one ever did find out what was wrong with it!

The clio was passed down long ago to my brother who quite quickly got rid! Was a shame to see those nice 182 seats go to waste in a PX though :-(

Summer more than likely.

Once winter begins in the North, there's no escaping it

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hmmmmmmm...

So I may have accidentally picked up another set of 224 //M wheels :eek:

Mine are off for winter, and need new rear tyres + a refurb, these are mint with good tyres, so it seems to make more sense to buy these and sell mine. But still, that's not 4 full sets of BMW wheels I own. :rolleyes:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You're catching up.

As of this time next weekend, I'll have 3 sets of Impreza wheels, 2.5 sets of Clio wheels and a set of 5 Pug alloys sillywoman bought for her Shítron.

Partridge in the pear tree is still on back order...

E36 328i
Sell all the fronts and have a square set up, assuming they are staggered?

Love the car, looks well on the winter wheels.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're catching up.

As of this time next weekend, I'll have 3 sets of Impreza wheels, 2.5 sets of Clio wheels and a set of 5 Pug alloys sillywoman bought for her Shítron.

Partridge in the pear tree is still on back order...

PMSL, some people collect old coins, tbh, at least I can use wheels.

Sell all the fronts and have a square set up, assuming they are staggered?

Love the car, looks well on the winter wheels.

Cheers mate, as far as I can tell there'd be no benefit though. They'd just be heavier and make the car feel less nimble? It's not got m3 power to warrant it IMO.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just the one over processed photo for in here.

12985821823_3f0d93cf9a_c.png

Did a lovely 30 mile top down blast this morning going to get my brother a 330D. My god I love this car. It's just so much fun.

Really very impressed with AF triple, just need some tyre shine, snowfoam and some wax and I'm sorted for a while!

Anyone thinking of buying one Wick , just 100% do it. Just booked a short break to Wales with the mrs so I'll be hitting the fun roads again!

Bring on the sunshine.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Went out early this morning and picked up a new parts finally off of a forum member.

Got:

Two new sideskirts (already silver) because one of mine has some VERY slight damage that really gets on my nerves
Some proper black plastic grilles as opposed to the painted chipped ones of mine
He even threw in a couple of LED number plate bulbs :D

Oh, and my new rear badge arrived after a bit of an incident with mine and polisher.

I've not got time to fit the sideskirt just yet, but I did find time when I got home to fit the new grilles and the badge:

Old badge (and seriously ginger neighbour):

IMG_6357_zps46a64c88.jpg

New (only a small thing but it annoys me every time I open the boot):

IMG_6358_zps1b208d8d.jpg

Grilles, old vs new:

IMG_6359_zps8c0bc163.jpg

Fitted:

IMG_6361_zps9ad5ba37.jpg

So much better:

IMG_6363_zps4cfe65a2.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
When are the proper wheels going on? It's like 40 degrees down there! :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Cheers chap

Cracking cars, I'm having a really hard time finding a replacement!

100% agree. For the price, or even several k more, there's nothing. I'm either going to end up with a boxster $$$ or a newer one of these.

Looks really, really nice. New grilles make a massive difference too.

Cheers chap, I've wanted new grilles for ages and I've just been lazy. At the price of these, I couldn't turn it down. Cost me £10 ffs!

When are the proper wheels going on? It's like 40 degrees down there! :eek:

This Saturday maybe, depends with work. It's finding the time to get to my unit, pick up my jack, and then swap them over. Off to wales on the 31st, so they'll defo be on by then.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
@The Russian. just seen the above and you still never remembered to tell me if it was possible :p

Anyway, long overdue update... this weekend the car got a little bit of loving (the new job means it's seriously neglected as I don't have to drive at all).

I'm off to Bruges for a long weekend with the OH on Friday, so it got a full service, a general check over and coolant change with some genuine BMW coolant (courtesy of a BMW bloke who lives on my road) this hadn't been done in my ownership, and generaly since god know when. Oops.

Then, some more fun bits: My brother got me some new tailored high quality mats with some fancy fixings, and I bought myself ANOTHER BMW badge because cheap ones fall apart but they're actually worth while. 10x cheaper, and it means you get a new one more often, not a tarnished one... Pics:

Mats:

0C07C796-5026-4807-90F0-B0715D9B72A4_zpschjfgkc7.jpg

1C595939-D137-47AC-A0D2-D1113583D9E2_zpsfuinooyl.jpg

2165C7F8-98F0-4F68-B9E9-7FD58B529A86_zpshdxmdt8i.jpg

66B00A52-FBA8-4C6B-B562-55E0A9BEF3AC_zpsykndscdl.jpg

Haven't actually used winter tyres this year but it's not looking too bad overall..

F648561F-2B22-4B18-BB2F-B3D1D7CB14C7_zpslkbvrxey.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't know if it's just a placebo, but my god does the car feels like it drives better post service! So smooth and in tonight's perfect driving conditions, much fun was had!

Last edited:
  Ph1, Z4, TR3a, SV650
Do you know where the mats are from? I need some new ones for mine and they look spot on :smile:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Do you know where the mats are from? I need some new ones for mine and they look spot on :smile:

I'll find out mate, they weren't cheap though.

If you're looking for clio ones, the genuine renault sport ones are where it's at, only £50 too.

When you sell, I'm buying this.

That's legally binding.

Devil's in the details Cubbington. New coolant etc, if you forget it you only cause problems down the line!

Ph1, Z4, TR3a, SV650
I'll find out mate, they weren't cheap though.

If you're looking for clio ones, the genuine renault sport ones are where it's at, only £50 too.

Thanks, I am looking for them for a Z4, already have decent ones in the Clio.
Currently got some cheap ones that the previous owner got in the zed, and they're falling to bits. Been struggling to find decent ones for ages :confused:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Spot on as per usual mate.

As soon as the TT goes the Si is mine :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah mate, he's moved abroad again. It's at my parents whenever I can be fucked to sell the TT.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah mate, looking forward to owning it (this all started from hooning about in yours btw!). He used to live in Dubai, back out there now for a couple of years again.

It's a 3.0 si, previously owned by @deutsche_blonde on here IIRC. Small world!

Yeah mate, looking forward to owning it (this all started from hooning about in yours btw!). He used to live in Dubai, back out there now for a couple of years again.

It's a 3.0 si, previously owned by @deutsche_blonde on here IIRC. Small world!

No way! Loved that thing, only moved it on for a deposit on our house. Get athread up, it'd be nice to see some pics of how it stands now. When i had it...

P1030086_zpscaddbf0e.jpg

84_zps6099cd4c.jpg

Sorry Rob for clogging up your thread...

Looks ace buddy - they are such great cars. Glad your advice made my decision in the end!!
List of stuff for mine is ever growing... want rather than need in most cases!!
- refurb wheels
- new rear brake light (bought)
- new rear brake discs (bought)
- OEM LED number plate lights and connectors (bought)
- aero skirts
- spacers all round

Looks ace buddy - they are such great cars. Glad your advice made my decision in the end!!
List of stuff for mine is ever growing... want rather than need in most cases!!
- refurb wheels
- sump polishing kit
- new rear brake light (bought)
- new rear brake discs (bought)
- OEM LED number plate lights and connectors (bought)
- aero skirts
- spacers all round
I thought as much!