ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 BMW M3 - A slight upgrade.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Saw the car on Sunday, easy to recognise with your plate on. I do like the red!

Did you get 'encouraged' by the guys videoing on the exit? When I went past they were telling people to give it some and I think that skyline is the result! Not sure how I feel about it really, a little dodgy.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Saw the car on Sunday, easy to recognise with your plate on. I do like the red!

Did you get 'encouraged' by the guys videoing on the exit? When I went past they were telling people to give it some and I think that skyline is the result! Not sure how I feel about it really, a little dodgy.
Cheers dude!

And yes I did! I was following my friend out in the Exige you see in the clip just before mine. It was so slippery, you can hear mine struggling for grip. Not surprised he stacked it. A Cayman at the start nearly does too! On the way in I saw a 911 in a ditch, and my friend saw a Lambo facing the wrong way on the M40 too.

That guy did a film from the last meet at Prodrive. My friends were there and apparently it caused a few near misses. I wondered why he doesn't credit the organisers with the event in his video titles, but now I'm guessing a few have asked for their names to be taken out. Hence basic titles like "CARS LEAVING CAR SHOW"

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Came to this thread to post that video and ask whether it was yours. Not seen many M3s in that colour and the plate obviously looked like your name.

Sounds nice.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Cheers dude!

And yes I did! I was following my friend out in the Exige you see in the clip just before mine. It was so slippery, you can hear mine struggling for grip. Not surprised he stacked it. A Cayman at the start nearly does too! On the way in I saw a 911 in a ditch, and my friend saw a Lambo facing the wrong way on the M40 too.

That guy did a film from the last meet at Prodrive. My friends were there and apparently it caused a few near misses. I wondered why he doesn't credit the organisers with the event in his video titles, but now I'm guessing a few have asked for their names to be taken out. Hence basic titles like "CARS LEAVING CAR SHOW"
I was passenger with my brother and I wasn't exactly comfortable with the squirming we had off that roundabout! I'm a terrible passenger after having an accident myself.

Had a guy talk to us about the 911 and lambo when grabbing some breakfast, sounded nasty. Did you see the civic on track?

It wouldn't surprise me if they want there names out of the videos it's hardly good publicity with people crashing.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

I was passenger with my brother and I wasn't exactly comfortable with the squirming we had off that roundabout! I'm a terrible passenger after having an accident myself.

Had a guy talk to us about the 911 and lambo when grabbing some breakfast, sounded nasty. Did you see the civic on track?

It wouldn't surprise me if they want there names out of the videos it's hardly good publicity with people crashing.

I managed to miss the civic shunt but saw what was left. Ouch!

The Porsche didn't look too bad damage wise, it was just totally wedged in a hedge. Hopefully repairable! Looked like he had given it too many beans off a roundabout, caught the grass on the central reservation and shot off. It's quite notorious for having standing water there.

I had the traction control set to M so it would slip but not totally kill me. But the car was cold so wasn't going full revs for them lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I was invited by a couple of friends to their yearly Wales trip. I've never been into Wales properly, had no idea the roads really were so spectacular. By Sunday afternoon there were just two of us, and it was an interesting comparison between my friends Mini Cooper GP2 and the M3. They're both worth around the same money but offer something quite different. On the right road, I struggled to keep pace on the Mini. Specifically on tight twisty turns with broken road, the Mini can just hook up and go, whereas the BMW struggles to put any power down. Overall though, as youd imagine, the M3 was absolutely ballistic. And my confidence with it is growing too!

Anyway, I took minimal pictures and they're all pretty crap. I am a tad rusty!

32822292064_eb77c652cd_c.jpg
E92 M3 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

32852103523_ed17746ce0_c.jpg
JCW GP by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

32822420944_d277a48849_c.jpg
Team £20k hooners. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

32852107583_165d66c84d_c.jpg
E92 M3 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

32852109323_074dbe299c_c.jpg
Team £20k hooners. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

33665520545_25b03abfb2_c.jpg
JCW GP by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

32822292464_0ae77299cd_c.jpg
Cooper Works GP by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

A couple more pictures live on my flickr if you're bored and fancy a look. I'm also on instagram as @jasoneaston !

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice.

Would be too scared taking an M3 on a b road blast. Those Mini's look great. Although not as good as your bonnet bulge.

It's surprisingly capable in "da twisties m8". Mainly due to the huge amount of grip! Barely had it sideways the whole trip, probably thanks to 275 Super Sports on the rear. Once they heated up they were really impressive!

Certainly a massive step up from the Toyota anyway lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nice.

Would be too scared taking an M3 on a b road blast. Those Mini's look great. Although not as good as your bonnet bulge.

I went from a Cooper S to an E46 M3 and i was a little nervous but the M3 is ridiculously capable. I cant imagine what a more modern car is like.
Ive driven it hard and havent had any brown trouser moments and is so composed on flowing bends. Tight bends need more thought than a hit hatch.

My only one was in the first week if owning it i thought I would do a low speed Chris Harris skid out of a junction but it just snapped and snaked and scared me.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I went from a Cooper S to an E46 M3 and i was a little nervous but the M3 is ridiculously capable. I cant imagine what a more modern car is like.
Ive driven it hard and havent had any brown trouser moments and is so composed on flowing bends. Tight bends need more thought than a hit hatch.

My only one was in the first week if owning it i thought I would do a low speed Chris Harris skid out of a junction but it just snapped and snaked and scared me.

Mine has slightly wider tyres that it should, and they're super sports. Its surprisingly tough to get it sideways other than doing cool things out of junctions like you mention. It tends to just grip and launch me towards wherever its pointed. So very capable, and surprisingly confidence inspiring! Like you say, it doesnt scare you as much as you think it would.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Definitely not trying hard enough. The M3 is one of the easiest cars to get sideways.
Oh it will for sure, but once the tyres are up to temperature you have to really force it, or at least have some commitment/speed to get it sideways. I found myself putting it into corners at increasingly silly speeds and it just gripped and gripped, compare that with my last car (Toyota GT86) and its a different world!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Took it to Amsterdam for the weekend, it was an absolute dream the whole way there. Averaged 25mpg cruising at around 80-90potatoes, and provided much entertainment (For me, not the GF so much) through any tunnels I had to go through.

17932504_765044443675851_8301401901690257408_n.jpg

When I got back I took the day off to "recover" and ended up spending nearly 4 hours detailing the thing, it has come up very well. Two stage machine polish with a rotary has got rid of 80% of the swirls, I did contemplate getting it fully detailed and G-Techniq sealed but I'm not so sure. I drive it and enjoy it, and if it gets the odd stone chip or scuff because of that then so be it. I can fix them as I go along! I do wonder what @gally thinks of the G-Techniq stuff as well, worth the dollar?

Anyway, so far it's a great weekend/fun car. I wanted something that feels a bit "Special", could be taken on weekend blasts but still be enjoyable on long eurotrips. It's ticking all the boxes, and I'm a very happy chappy. Thats all really!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm more of a carpro man but same idea and i recommend it to everyone. Car stays cleaner for longer and takes half the time to clean when it does get dirty.

Depends how bothered you are. It's an awesome car.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The colour makes it. 100% best colour they came in.

And the engine. OH THE ENGINE!

The engine is the star of this car, it makes it. It's the last N/A Screamer that BMW will ever make, I'm sure of that!

I'm more of a carpro man but same idea and i recommend it to everyone. Car stays cleaner for longer and takes half the time to clean when it does get dirty.

Depends how bothered you are. It's an awesome car.

I love my paint, and I love having a super clean car. But after seeing the damage caused by my Wales trip I just thought "Whats the point", I'm afraid if I pay a tonne for someone to fully correct it and protect it I'll worry about it more, if that makes sense? I'm just enjoying using it when I do for now. Overall it looks fantastic for its age and is a credit to its previous owners!

Not a 320d
Does look the business. I pass one one in this colour the way to work daily and it makes me want to bin off the Meg and get an M3.