ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Early morning drive - Sunday 27th July, 6am (Newbury)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone fancies a spirited drive on some good roads I'll be at The Castle pub in Donnington, Newbury (RG14 3AA) from around 6am. It may seem early but go much later and the roads will fill up with cyclists, farm vehicles & old people.

I've got a 60 mile route in mind, which I'll let you know in advance, and if anyone wants a race, stay in bed - this isn't the meet for you.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Would be up for it, if i can get up early enough!
Went out for a random drive that way last weekend and came across some good roads

Clio Trophy 299
I'm gonna look at the route we could take from this to the Autosolo and let you know are you meeting in the pub car park like before?

I'm gonna look at the route we could take from this to the Autosolo and let you know are you meeting in the pub car park like before?

I'm planning on doing both. I asked the solo organiser what time I needed to be there he said by 9, first test start 9:45 ish.

It is not at Barton Stacey BTW, it is Montgomery Lines down Farnborough way. Still only an hour from Newbury though.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
@Tim. - what time do we think we'll have completed our leisurely hack through the countryside and where will we finish up? :)
I'm going to say about 2 hours, I doubt it'd be longer even with a photo-stop.

The pub is the start and end point but it won't be open so there's the option of heading to the Wetherspoon's in town for breakfast and a drink if there's enough interest.

Clio Trophy 299
I'm planning on doing both. I asked the solo organiser what time I needed to be there he said by 9, first test start 9:45 ish.

It is not at Barton Stacey BTW, it is Montgomery Lines down Farnborough way. Still only an hour from Newbury though.

Sounds like a plan then Mark just gotta get a car sorted by then :)

Clio v6 & Atom 300
If i'm not hungover to hell i might be up for this. It is about 1 mile from my house! My neighbours will love starting my cars up @ 5:45 anyway. LOL ;)

RB197
What's everyone else doing after? If we finish early, I'm going to take a nice drive and visit the black mountains if anyone's up for that..

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
For those that are coming if you can be at the Castle in Donnington, Newbury (RG14 3AA) from 5.50am we'll aim for a 6am departure.

Please make a note of the route so you can catch up if you get left behind at a junction/traffic lights/behind slow moving vehicles etc:

From Newbury head north-west to Great Shefford
In Great Shefford pick up the A338, signed Wantage
In Wantage turn left onto the B4507 towards Ashbury
A quick detour to White Horse Hill (SN7 7UK) where there can be pretty good views
In Ashbury turn left onto the B4000 to Lambourn
In Lambourn turn left onto the B4001, then after 6 miles turn right, onto the B4507, signed Wantage
In Wantage go straight over the traffic lights, then take the 2nd right, signed B4494 to Newbury

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Are there many fourth gear corners?
Ha ha, fourth in your car is a pretty different ball park to fourth in mine!

Anyway, I'm sure a driver of your calibre could negotiate the course quicker than most even if you had just fifth and second gears!

Clio v6 & Atom 300
Sadly with my current level of hangover there is no way i'll be up early tomorrow morning. I blame the Jager! ;)

Hopefully catch you guys another time though.

Peter