ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

East Midlands does RWYB...

rwyb2012banner.jpg
Run What Ya Brung - Throughout the year

Santa Pod Raceway in Northamptonshire offers the cheapest and most accessible public track time in the UK. For just £10 admission and £25 to "sign on", you can take your car and motorcycle out on the famous quarter-mile dragstrip and test it's performance limits in a safe and legal environment. Full details at www.RWYB.com.

Anyone fancy it?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I'll be up for coming to one of these.

I used to go there a lot with RTOC.

Could you find out about a club parking area?

LY FF182
Mark I would imagine he means for the rwyb day at pod.. But I think a meet around Leicester would be great... South Leistershire even better :)

I'd love a rwyb day... Depends when obviously

I am proposing Saturday 11th April for this..

After talking to Santa Pod I have also found out that if we get at least 10 cars together than we can also have the following:

"We can offer you your own dedicated club area, a meeting room if required and reserved tables for lunch in the Pod Shop Cafe. The only cost to you will be the normal £10 admission (under 13's are FREE), and £25 Sign-on for unlimited runs on the track. After each run on the track your members will receive a personal performance print-out so you'll be able to organise your own internal RWYB league table!"

This seems pretty good to me! So who is up for it??

Last edited:
  LY FF182
Sounds good to me! My friend was on about wanting to go santa pod with his BMW i3 as he thinks it'll be as quick as the clio, and he'll have it by then :)

Clio Sport 172
I would be up for coming along to see all of the Clios, but not taking mine on the strip just yet. Would I still be able to join in with the club area?

Sounds good to me! My friend was on about wanting to go santa pod with his BMW i3 as he thinks it'll be as quick as the clio, and he'll have it by then :smile:

Excellent - that should be interesting! (plus - it adds to the numbers to get 'club parking')

I would be up for coming along to see all of the Clios, but not taking mine on the strip just yet. Would I still be able to join in with the club area?

Absolutely! It's a flat rate of £10 per person to enter but you are under no obligation to run the strip!

LY FF182
Rights people, this is this weekend!! Are people who showed interest still going? Me and a couple friends are wanting to go so should be a good day!

LY FF182
That's a shame but me and a mate are taking our cars tomorrow so anyone going be good to put faces to names. I'll be in my LY clio!