ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecu / Ech kit **LOGIC**

clio
Ok its always a steep learning curve these things but would appreciate any help as i cant quite get my head around the logic of whats needed
Clio mark 2 , problems indicate replacement ECU/ECH kit

Mate went down to scrappy bought ECH , of course waste of time , he jumped in too quick , as he didint even match the year never mind the numnbers , so blank , nowt , so he decided to MOVE a little chip across that he reckoned he had read would sort out the nothing issue as he thought the immobilser was stopping it and he had read moving the chip would help , ok he messed up so thats TWO x ECH in the bin :)

So cars lying in my driveway for me to assess what , at the cheapest possible rate to buy as car only has 5 months mot on it and likely to mbe too expensive to pass as its a 53 plate
Finally heres the logic i cant get my head around .... the ECU ( 8200262881) is available occasionally on ebay and the ECH (8200234045) is available too , but never it seems as a KIT with key

So do i have to wait until a full kit is purchasable can i buy the above from separate sources as long as the codes are correct , and how does this work with key logic etc , which item holds the KEY codes is it ECU or ECH ? whats the logic [please

clio
I suppose what i cant my head around is that so many of these units are available individually?
yet they are all supposed to not be interchangeable? so whats the point of them all being for sale
as they are useless ? as you really need a MATCHED kit ? , matched with a key ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The UCH holds the key code.

I think they can be recoded, that's why there are so many for sale individually.

clio
my understanding is its typically the UCH thats faulty , the ecu is typically fine it just needs replaced to match the uch

so presuming my ECU is fine , can i just buy a second hand ECH with KEY only from ebay , although you dont see that often

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I've only ever changed them as a set to be honest, ecu uch and fob part of the key, don't need the blade or locks as these can all be re used off of the original key. what model of the mk2 is it for?

clio
1.2 , 16v
the codes listed above are both available separately easily , daily , but trying to find a KIT with key is a
needle / haystack job , so im wondering what options are

You can probably reprogram them with a full version of CLIP if you know what you're doing, but it'll be tricky.

I'd persevere and try and find the whole set - maybe worth asking a scrapper with a car listed?

ETA: There's quite a lot of sets listed on eBay, are you sure you can't find one? IIRC the individual part numbers vary quite a bit, but it's more about matching the brand (e.g. Siemens) and the revision number on the firmware.

clio
Dont want to go down the route of trying to get reprogrnmed
as this is a small budget proh=ject , if its gets expensive car will
be scrapped .

Still unsure why sooo many units are available individually when in theory they
require to be "matched" ... anybody know the logic around how these units are tied together

clio
lets say i got an ebay UCH and kept my own key
so i need to get that programmed ? to the ECU and match with key ?

how much is that going to cost me away from renault ?