ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ELECTRIC SUNROOF GLASS REMOVAL - URGENT

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
How do you remove the glass please anyone??

All the other people post this and just say "oh yeah done it" without actually saying.

Anyone know how to do it????

Remove the glass to what extent?

I've removed the sunroof to reseal it. That I did by removing numerous 10mm bolts around the circumference of the sunroof - peel/bend the headliner back to access these. This will remove the inner frame holding the sunroof in - you should be able to remove the sunroof from the top.

But to actually remove the glass from the sunroof, I'd look for screws/bolts around the sliding mechanism.

330i. E30 Touring.
Claw-hammer.jpg

Remove the glass to what extent?

I've removed the sunroof to reseal it. That I did by removing numerous 10mm bolts around the circumference of the sunroof - peel/bend the headliner back to access these. This will remove the inner frame holding the sunroof in - you should be able to remove the sunroof from the top.

But to actually remove the glass from the sunroof, I'd look for screws/bolts around the sliding mechanism.
Old thread I know, but rather than start a new one I'd thought I'd ask for more info. Does removing the 10mm bolts allow you to remove the outer sunroof frame?

Mine's leaking like a b*tch!

Clio 182 2005
On mine (manual roof) removal of the 10mm bolts enabled me to lift up the trim on the roof and clean out the old gunk. I resealed with polyurethane and replace the bolts - no leaks since.