ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Window Fault - Window won't close. Please Help

172 Flamer
My passenger electric window on my Mk 2 172 will not close. The drivers side window button works ok to open and close the drivers side window but the drivers side button for the passenger window does nothing at all. The passenger side button will make the window go down but not up. The window is currently stuck half down. I have changed the fuse and it has not fixed the problem.

Anyone got any ideas? Bit worried as the window is stuck open now over night.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mine sometimes does this, usually fixes itself after a about 5mins :s

172 Flamer
Well, the problem is back again. Been driving around today and sometimes the passenger electric window would work and other times it would not so it appears to be intermitent.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? It does not work if I try the switch on the passenger side or the drivers side. If one of these is faulty, would it lead to both not working? What about wiring that sends the signal or is it two seperate wires that go from each switch? Any ideas anyone?

Black 1.2 Extreme
Im having the same problem

So it seems to sort itself out sometimes?
Shall I go back and try it again in afew hours?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Possibly new regulator time...does it make any strange noises?

Mk5 golf gti
its not the regulator, mine decided to do this after fitting a new regulator

must be a problem with the connections going into the switch

if the relay isnt clicking then its the switch if it is clicking but nothings moving then its the regulator

Black 1.2 Extreme
I have tried to remove the plastic cover to get to the switch wiering but it seems almost impossible
Any techniques or tips?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
its not the regulator, mine decided to do this after fitting a new regulator must be a problem with the connections going into the switch if the relay isnt clicking then its the switch if it is clicking but nothings moving then its the regulator
Holy thread revival I know... but any one got more information on this? I just ordered a new regulator before seeing this post. You can't hear the relay clicking on mine when you try to make the window move
smiley5.gif

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Good call! It seems that the motor etc. is all included with the regulator mechanism so should be alright, thanks :)

Clio 172
Feeerk! Mine has just done the same. Its been intermittent for a while. What has worked for other people? I dont fancy buying a new regulator if its not at fault.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i have similar, drivers side wouldnt go up .The switch made no noise,but could hear clicking by the passenger side dash when hitting the drivers side switch?

Moogun B95
On most clio2 models the passenger window doesn't go through the UCH, HOWEVER.. if its a high spec UCH-N3, the Passenger window usually DOES go through the UCH. The most common failure of the UCH is water front the sun roof drains.
Remove the UCH, clean the back of the PCB, silicone the upper plastic mount to water seal it, if your pcb isn't already laquered (later versions are) get some electrical laquer and sort that out. Clean the s/r drains, refit. Fingers crossed it hasn't corroded the UCH. If it has, worth noting there are 3x remanufactured (virgin) UCH-N3 on ebay £129 each.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Update to my posts in here, it was the switch within the drivers side window controls... opened it up and it was black! Something had blown. Ordered a new one for about £7 off eBay been perfect since :)

RB Clio 182
Update to my posts in here, it was the switch within the drivers side window controls... opened it up and it was black! Something had blown. Ordered a new one for about £7 off eBay been perfect since :smile:
Thread revival, link :)