ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine help needed (seized up?)

Hi, basically a while ago my engine somehow ran out of oil and broke. Now when I try and start my car, it just clicks once and nothing happens. If I pour a load of oil in it won't just magically start up will it? Is there any way at all of getting it going again, not arsed if it runs like s**t.

Cheers.

53 Clio's & counting
Stick it in gear and try to rock it and see if it turns over mate, if its siezed it wont let you move it ( remember you gotta give it a good push to get it moving)

It's A Reno
Stick it in gear and try to rock it and see if it turns over mate, if its siezed it wont let you move it ( remember you gotta give it a good push to get it moving)

Do above with the plugs out, but have someone on the brakes.

If its seized up its unlikely that just wacking some oil will start it again.

Thi s happened to me on the M1,because of how hot it had got, the rods had melted the bearing, and one piston has near enough welded itself stuck

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Kinda off topic but how did it just run out of oil? Forget to check it?

a thirsty one
i think he said that the oil level said ok on his dash and had checked it within the last week or so he said, perhaps on the journey something broke and oil pissed all over the motorway and that resulted in pain.

ValverInBits
ah man. it's a real f*cker. Happened to me in my valver.

If it is seized no amount of oil/anything will unseize it.
Try Post 2, but you need to be thinking about a replacement engine sharpish tbh