ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine oil for track use

What grade Cub? I've seen it suggested to run a slightly heavier grade, 10w50 or similar rather than the standard manufacturers recommendation which is 10w40 isnt it?

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
Millers Nanodrive from Opie oils
Always used Millers for years even changed my New D4 over to it after it had only done 200 miles

Renault Clio 172
If its mainly used on track then i would be looking at a higher grade but if its mainly a road car with the odd trackday then id stick to the manufacturers reccomended 5w40. Elf evolution sxr is cheap from renault on ebay. The millers nanodrive is alot more expensive but its proven to be a top oil and can even give small power gains

Track 172 Cup
I use the Fuchs Titan same as Cub although some people will say just use the factory spec oil but I don't find the Fuchs too expensive and service it myself so saves money that way.

It's not insured for road use so solely on track from now on. I'm less fussed about brands and more about grades, everyone will have their own brand loyalty, but do people tend to go for a heavier oil or not and if so, which grade?

Cheers