ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine packed up help pls

Clio 172 Track Car
Hello guys,
Yesterday a tapping developed from the top left hand side of the engine, at the end of a fair lengthly track day (oops, but the clio was flying...!)
It started a s small tap, on the top left, so I stopped driving, checked oil, and inspected it the best I could, it only tapped as you release the blip of the throttle.
I did no more laps and then carefully attempted my 30 mile journey home from Brands, Half way home the tapping got worse and 30 secs later the engine stopped (AA recovered).
Now it doesn't turn over.
Any thoughts?
I initially thought noisey dephaser and I know alot of people drive like this for months, but it seems to have died afetr about 10 mins of running after that noise developed. Now I'm worried it may have been something else, new engine?
Any advice appreciated.
Baz

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Timing belt tensioner perhaps, or the aux belt. Did the AA guy not take a look?

Can you see anything obvious under the bonnet?

Clio 172 Track Car
Thanks, yes maybe. Nothing obvious from what I can see, no oil or damage showing. And to be honest the AA guy didn't even open the bonnet.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
What happened when you turned the key to start it? Nothing at all, or did it turn over really quickly? Don't try it again just in case it is the belt, you don't want to do more damage!