ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine rattle Help

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

hi my car sounds really bad at the moment and i can find the prob.

the big metal block just below enging cover is rattling like fcuk but i cant find where it is secured to?? any help i know its not the most detailed discription but hopefully somebody will know what i mean

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

i cant upload any but you cant miss what im on about its smack bang in the middle ( the big silver metal rectangular block) im assuming its and heat sheild

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

sounds like the fuel rail heat shield, is it right at the front??? if so its got deep holes at the front of it with a 10mm sized nut down 2 of them- do it up with a deep socket and short extension bar 3/8 fits down there nice! or just take it back to reno under warranty!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

thanks ive just checked and found i have lost a nut does anybody know if any nut that size will do or is it a renault part
[Edited by Brooky182 on 02 September 2005 at 9:10am

take it back to the dealers m8 , let them worry about it. it might have stripped the threads or something like that .

brian

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

i cant mate ive done two thousand miles over the 36k service so i got it serviced at my dads mates. it only cost me for the parts and eight cans ( thats just like currancy down here). ill just get him to look at it on the weekend me thinks.