ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Entry to FCS

Maz

LY 200
Sorry to be negative but trying to gain entry to the show this morning was a total shambles, even the girl that was taking tickets said that there was a lack of marshalling.

I sat very patiently waiting to enter the event like most other people while people were allowed to drive down the car park and cut in to the front of the line.

Not having a go but just thought I would mention it so that maybe next years entry can be imporved.

Ad

MK2 FRS
No problems for me.

I thought the organisation was a real step forward. The location was significantly better as was the track time. A lot more traders this year as well.

All in all good improvements. As with most things always room for improvement. But FCS is only 5yrs old and has grown so much since the very first one I attended:)

MINI Cooper S
Most of the marshalls was good, but a few of them around the track pit lane area were arseholes, and one security bloke person on the back of the grandstand was a complete knob, he near enough followed me around because apparently i wasnt allowed to stop and take photo's from the stairs (i wanted to get pics of the hole cliosport stand from high up) anyway, told him to f**k off in the end and just took the pics.

Maz

LY 200
I didnt have a problem with any of the other Marshalls, just the lack of them at the entry.

Maz

LY 200
I would have put this is the FCS section but can't, sorry.

I agree Mark totally spoiled the start of the day for me.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I got there at 7 bang on, straight in.

Hells Bells
F4STA (not sure, think he is involved directly with the club)
MarkCup

Were the 3 prior to me.

Seen the queues and thought thank god I live so close!

ITB BG 182
Yea the entry was a bit badly man'd but never the less was fun with all the banter going off in convoy.
I think the marshalls was a bit meen when it came to the CS BBQ, but thanks to the little solider that was Donnys wounderful other half (name?) an the lovly buggers, hmmmm... nice. Sorry but if you read this i just couldnt believe how blue ya eyes was.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The Marshalling was crap!

When I went for my tracktime..the marshalls didn't have a clue!

Then they were trying to kick off at the BBQ we'd set up by the CS Gazebo...and were kicking off... they eventually got the hint that they didn't have a leg to stand on as there was no mention of allowance of BBQs.

PS. Those that visited the BBQ would probably agree that it was well set up...we even had a fire extinguisher...so that there were no safety issues!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yea the entry was a bit badly man'd but never the less was fun with all the banter going off in convoy.
I think the marshalls was a bit meen when it came to the CS BBQ, but thanks to the little solider that was Donnys wounderful other half (name?) an the lovly buggers, hmmmm... nice. Sorry but if you read this i just couldnt believe how blue ya eyes was.

John,

Mandy (shortyuk) was the lady you're referring to...PS. her eyes were the natural colour...and the table was a god send...I was panicking that you were'nt going to be picking up the table...Mandy resorted to asking complete strangers if it was thier table! ;)

We were worrying that you'd put a 'Wanted' Thread for your table! ;) hehehe

[highlight] Mandy and I would like to say a Huge Thank You to all those who contributed and backed Mandy up to make the BBQ a huge success...(Mandy's said don't blame her if you get food poisoning!) :quiet:

ST
From the main entry to Rockingham to parking up took a total of 10 mins for me, we came in a different way than most tho, there was another way through the industrial estate which brought us in at an enterance that seemed to have a lot less traffic.

The south west lot were waiting for quite some time in traffic, i think it could have been done a bit better.

Oh maz dont spose you have the vid off your cam yet fromt the cs track session ?

Maz

LY 200
The south west lot were waiting for quite some time in traffic, i think it could have been done a bit better.

Oh maz dont spose you have the vid off your cam yet fromt the cs track session ?

Its on my list to do well I need to work out how to sort it.

My CS session was gash I couldnt get my lines right or a hang of the track as it was sooooooooo fast and I spent most the time indicating to let people past, drop me your e-mail and I will send you a copy when I get it sorted.

Well it was my first time on track and i have to say i loved it, tucks was my passenger and he was such a great help with when to break, what part of the corner to aim for when heading in to it, power down etc.

So would be great to see if i made it on to your vid, i know i did pass you once i think.

Maz

LY 200
No problem Justin I will let you know, I would say everyone is on it as I spent alot of time indicating as I said ;) lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Totally agree with you Maz... we arrived at 7.20 and we were in the queue for an hour... again sat patiently in the queue until others from the back started forming their own lines, going past and getting in..

Eventually myself and Gareth just nudged forward together and stopped people pushing in, they could wait like the rest of us.

i heard different things from different peeps though, and im wondering if it was just certian entrances that had problems

Apart from that it was much better than last year

It was never going to be perfect first time, seemed to take forever to reach the photographer at the top which caused most of the bottle neck. I reckon Mark and his team will improve on this next year.

Did see some idiots racing up and down but nobody from the club this time!!

Definite improvement on last years event :approve:

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol me and my mates were having bets what complaints people would have but this one never popped up and its a very good point... When we got there at about half 9 - 10 the que was down to the jet garage and luckily we only parked on the public car park 'cos i could see the qeue's (sp) for the club stands were getting quite big.

Maz

LY 200
Thats the only reason for the thread so that it can be imporved next year, like I said im not having a go.

1.6 focus zetec....
Its a very good point made...

I'd also like to point out that some dumb ass marshall made me park behind a bollard and then parked a people carrier right up my arse... it was a b**ch to get out :)

Da

Less
We arrived at 7.40ish and were parked up by 8am I think. Q's weren't bad early on.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Totally agree with you Maz... we arrived at 7.20 and we were in the queue for an hour... again sat patiently in the queue until others from the back started forming their own lines, going past and getting in..

Eventually myself and Gareth just nudged forward together and stopped people pushing in, they could wait like the rest of us.

i heard different things from different peeps though, and im wondering if it was just certian entrances that had problems

Apart from that it was much better than last year
it was strange, i got in at 7:05 and there was no traffic and then within no time whatsoever the queues were massive, took people hours to get to the stand.

The problem was a single entrance but also having to stop to see the club pass, and then having to stop for your show ticket to be ripped and then stopping again for a goodie bag!

THe bbq seemed to go down well, really idea that, well done guys.

106 GTi
From the main entry to Rockingham to parking up took a total of 10 mins for me, we came in a different way than most tho, there was another way through the industrial estate which brought us in at an enterance that seemed to have a lot less traffic.

That's the way my sat nav sent me and I was in no time at sat in a big convoy or GT Turbos. The rest of the people I was convoying with followed the signs to the circuit at a roundabout and I had half washed the car by the time they got in !

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Hells Bells
MarkCup

Were the 3 prior to me.

Yep, Got there quite early and it was straight in (I was 2nd on site after Hells bells iirc)
It seemed to get quite bad for traffic all of a sudden, But then I think you're always going to some congestion in one way or another.

Brian (F4STA);)

Hells Bells
MarkCup

Were the 3 prior to me.

Yep, Got there quite early and it was straight in (I was 2nd on site after Hells bells iirc)
It seemed to get quite bad for traffic all of a sudden, But then I think you're always going to some congestion in one way or another.

Brian (F4STA);)

= Chavy brakes ;)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i also think the viewing of the track was poor, personally i didnt care about watching some monster trucks and would of likes to go down the main straight.