ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Error codes, Transmission sensor locations.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Hello hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am getting 3 error codes on my Clio 1.2 16v.
P0790.Normal/Performance switch circuit.
After googling many sites instruct on looking for corrosion on Transmission Mode switch, where can I find this mode switch?
P0711.Transmission fluid temperature sensor range/performance. Any ideas with this one? Is the sensor inside the gearbox and would it be simple change sensor or is it another problem entirely.
B0500, doesn't give specification but googling suggests crankshaft sensor which I will clean as it's not that old and it's the upgraded version.
All 3 seem to relate to Transmission normal/performance circuit.
I'm just hoping it's corrosion on the mode switch and that'll solve all. Fingers crossed someone can help
Cheers

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to add I have a droning noise that now occurs, it is not tyres and I don't think it's driveshaft's as they look good and sealed. I have recently changed coil pack and 4 new spark plugs as car was misfiring and going in and out of limp jerk mode when driving. That is now sorted. Car went into MOT fine last weekend and has come out with massive droning noise. I think it's just coincidence but the noise is unbearable and increases with speed and gets louder with speed. Sounds like it's a noise in the engine. The car is also drinking a lot of fuel. Currently averaging 36mpg with sensible driving comparing to the normal 55mpg that I usually get with a breeze.
I have no idea what is wrong with the car. It's doing my head in, one thing after another.
Throttle body was cleaned 3 weeks ago.
No idea where to start and what to look for. I can't seem to locate the drone but it's very loud and you get out of the car with a banging headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Does it do it in neutral if you just rev it?
It was a rear wheel bearing, easy fix.
But the car is still drinking fuel, I left it idling for 4/5 minutes this morning and average mpg went down from 42 to 38 within that 5 minutes. Ridiculous. I am really struggling to get above 40.
But transmission error codes still remain and I can feel it's not right. That's the one I want to fix, any ideas?

Clio 172
mpg will ne
It was a rear wheel bearing, easy fix.
But the car is still drinking fuel, I left it idling for 4/5 minutes this morning and average mpg went down from 42 to 38 within that 5 minutes. Ridiculous. I am really struggling to get above 40.
But transmission error codes still remain and I can feel it's not right. That's the one I want to fix, any ideas?
mpg will never go up while idling..it will keep going down until it hits 0..

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
mpg will ne

mpg will never go up while idling..it will keep going down until it hits 0..

I've had it drop 0.4 while idling before but not 4. I have never had below 30mpg no matter how stupid I've drove and it's currently averaging 30mpg driving sensibly. Usually average just under 60mpg. No idea what it could be.

Clio 172
it depends how many miles since last reset. If it has like 2 miles since last reset it will drop about 10mpg a minute while idling.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
it depends how many miles since last reset. If it has like 2 miles since last reset it will drop about 10mpg a minute while idling.

I'm aware of that, that would be current mpg. Not average.
Theres a certain mileage radius that is current into average and I don't reset mine through fuel tank. It was about half way through tank so was average mpg.

Could bad mpg be anything to do with exhaust?