ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essex Karting meet - Sunday 30th October @ 12pm

Options!

• Total voters
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My back is officially FUBAR today. I usually get back ache in a comfy car seat after an hour anyway so 50 mins in a Kart has ruined it!

SG9 Forester STi
Lies! ;)

Very enjoyable day and we'll all be returning sometime in the future! Thanks to everyone at the track for making it so easy to put together :).

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I felt well inadequate in the changing rooms...all the people with their full Sparco get-up lol

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Was funny during the video the bloke asked who hasn't been karting before and I was the only one to put my hand up, I was like oh no.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I thought you had a ballast kart it was so slow....

maybe your coefficient of drag doen the straight was high because of the pony tails

Steve

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The pony tails was a major disadvantage that and the fact I thought the brakes were far to faggy to use.

Listerine & Poledo
I don't think I missed a single kerb from my 2nd lap onwards.

There may be some serious underbody damage on kart 13.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I got air multiple times coming out of the chicanes heading onto the straight was brilliant lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
LOL. Ive got that down on my list of excuses actually. Those of a more bijoux build were much more aerodynamic....;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Your height overcome your weight problem;)

When I see you come past on the straight leaning forward I was like WTF!? then it clicked, so gave it a try and it worked really well lol

Listerine & Poledo
Next time I'm going to attach a Fabia splitter to my belly.

I did a bit of leaning but given that I was a steady 2 seconds off the pace, That'd be like trying to bail out the Titanic with an Induction bucket.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Your height overcome your weight problem;)

When I see you come past on the straight leaning forward I was like WTF!? then it clicked, so gave it a try and it worked really well lol

Ha ha, quite possibly, although the booster cushion probably lower my power to weight ratio ;)

Leaning forwards was ace, except when it got wet - no weight over rear wheels = big sideways when flat through the fast corner.

Sitting back up upright acted like an air brake approaching the hairpin though :D

Megane GT
It must be what trying to drive a 1.2 up a hill feels like

You feel like any minute you might start going backwards :D

Im in sooo much pain today, flipping bruises and back problems. And thanks for the whiplash :) my neck is a b**ch today :( work this morning was great fun constantly having to bend over like a r****d! I did get some rather strange looks . . .

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
Hey! 1.2 aren't as bad as those karts! I kept up on route to the pub! But you are onto something.. I'm used to the low power :rasp:

It feels as if every bone in both my hands is fractured. And my back has several bruises. All worth it. 50 mins did go fast.

I leaned over under the wheel every lap on the straight. Saw people looking at me on my way past - Helps a lot! Some really good close racing throughout the race. Another tip, leaning out the opposite way from the corner, shifts weight over the outside wheels and helps turn in loads.

As for kerbs.. I had the whole kart 100% over and beyond ever kerb! I was concerned that I was going to get a warning :p Favourite was turn 3 at the end of the fast section and into the last corner.

It was good of them to email out your results. It's a shame the way they rate you on the R.P.M - Racing Performance Measurement. I qualied 2nd so only gained one place, rating me 1,776 of 83,974. Nitrous Man came 4th and scored 1496. I'll start at the back next time ;)

Post fastest laps? Edit list position accordingly when you post.

1.) James - 36.99

Last edited:
  Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
I'm just gutted i didnt get to put a decent lap in in qualifying due to 3 cr4p karts.

If i hadnt started in 13th you might have had a bit more competition ;)

Bad luck. Karts were like shopping trolleys! Very hard to keep mine in a straight line. Re match?

Lol Goodj!

Listerine & Poledo
Yeah, Jane I know your pain.
I could see the flag coming out for me when I came around the last corner and put my hand up straight away, you had a rough couple of laps there what with both me and Tyler using Touring Car tactics.

"rubbin is racin"

Who was it who used me as a braking board into the "big stop"?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
There was a distinct lack of braking ability amongst us i must say....and quite a big variation between the karts as well. The lad that won lapped me on the straight like i was standing still but then i passed others like they were! Very odd.

It comforts me that THE best driver out of all of us (Tony) says he doesn't do as well in a kart compared to in a race car and usually he finishes mid pack......but then again he usually has a broken or slow Kart and/or gets punted off...the poor sod.