ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust joint issues

I have a Pico BB2 back box bolted straight onto the manufacturers mid pipe.

About once every month I have to get the sodding thing re-sealed as it starts blowing from the joint.

Anyone got any ideas?

i got one as well, it seems to leak at the join from the new pipe to the old! cant u use that exhaust gum! ive seen it in Halfords!

Clio 200 FF

Did the standard system have to be cut to fit the backbox (1 piece system) or was it bolted together (2 piece)? if it was cut then you could cut another couple of inches off and fit a reducer pipe (larkspeed sell them) to mate the different diameter pipes together

dunno bout tom but mine didnt av to be cut it was a 2 piece and at the end was a inch cut into the pipe so it could slip on and be tightened!

Clio 200 FF

only asked as the 172 has a 1 piece which does have to be cut.

You could remove the backbox and close the gap slightly using a vice then refit using some exhaust sealant

Got the same problem with my k-tec exhaust. Started blowing at the weekened. I even tried two clamps, works for a while then starts blowing again. I think it is due to the very shi*y rubbers. They are not strong enough making the back box bounnce alot, this constant flex will eventually burst the joint. as no one makes uprated rubbers for new clio i cannot replace them. I was thinking of getting some new exhaust hangers made up and welded on to the back box to stiffen it. Its such a pain in the ar*e.

Chris