ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust places in Nott'm

Thinking about removing the centre box from the 200, to make it raspier, louder and get more pops & bangs.

People have had it done for about £40, so its a cheap mod for what is seemingly a big difference.

Any places in Nottingham area that can make up a mild steel pipe and replace with my centre box?
Ive enquired at ETS, who will charge about £45 for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Glasshouse street, 01159 586111, ask for Neil and say Adam from suttons has sent you ;)

Tell him you've got a clio 200, he's got one too and is a renault nut

Cheers Adam. Just gave him a ring.

Had a lengthy conversation about it. Seems like he'll make sure anyone you know has the best possible service with them, which is nice to know.
He advised me not to do it, and think about having a Miltek exhaust system put on, or just part of a Miltek system on, just so that I get a better quality bit, rather than going for the cheaper option.

Are they Miltek dealers by any chance? ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah he's a nice bloke Neil is, to be fair he has a point...

I had my middle box took out and a pipe put in and it never was right... not quite sure why but even now i've changed it back it keeps working loose!

Nah fraid not, there is a place near junction 26 that does Miltek but i cant remember their name! They quite often advertise on eBay though.

MK3, RX450H.
I wouldn't do that anyway. It's a cheap mod, with a cheap sound.
Your car's nice, so spend money on it to receive something else which is nice.
Sheffields exhaustsUK are good, I'm a little bit biased. BUT, they've been featured in too many car magazines to list, They was used for "Pimp my ride UK". They're the bee's knee's there my friend. Trust :)

Disastra Coupe
My backbox and de-cat was done at Exhausts UK in Sheffield. Did a good job. Don't know if they do mild steel though?!

Nissan 350z
I wouldn't do that anyway. It's a cheap mod, with a cheap sound.
Your car's nice, so spend money on it to receive something else which is nice.
Sheffields exhaustsUK are good, I'm a little bit biased. BUT, they've been featured in too many car magazines to list, They was used for "Pimp my ride UK". They're the bee's knee's there my friend. Trust :)

Couldnt agree more. After reading through the 13 page or whatever topic on clio197.net regarding this "mod" i decided against it for this reason. Sure it adds alittle extra rasp but ive heard bad things about the side effect it creates, a nasty flatspot at 2500~3000rpm. This was dismissed in the topic because "you shouldnt be driving at these low revs newb" etc but i think your in the same position as me mate where we use our cars for town driving in which case, this is prime rev band when in traffic!

I think the cheapest system on offer for the 200 is Milteks. But then if your looking to spend £600 id have to start weighing up "i could spend £600 on a system, or i could put that £600 towards buying the car at the end of the deal" etc.

182, ZX9R
Try gran fabrications Bulwell, notts. The blokes my mates dad, hes a bit of a pratt tbh but hes brilliant at his job, normally does custom exhausts for classic cars, supercars etc. If you've got a lot of money to spend and you know exactly what you want I'd give them a try.