ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhausts

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Currently got a ktec system on the trophy. Its a really nice looking system but its just too loud for my liking. I do a fair bit of motorway cruising and its getting on my tits!

I realise there is a lot out there..question is what do I go for? I'm looking for something not too boomy but when im giving it the beans has a nice sound to it.

Was after a Milltek but they have fitting issues so not sure on that. would also be cat back I reckon

I haven't got any issues with my Milltek at all. Sits perfectly with Powerflex bushes.

There's quite a few quiet systems out there. Milltek, Scorpion and I think the new BTM system is pretty quiet too.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers Martin. I really like the pure Motorsport system but it's a fair bit of cash! I've heard good things about btm so I'll check them out

I've got a Scorpion RS192 (twin backbox, not the SN1- something) and it's not as quiet as I thought it would be. It's still pretty loud for me at idle/low rpm, don't mind the noise on full load though, but I'd have wanted something in between. Worth noting it's one of the quietest options though.

If you're interested though, make sure you get the revised mid-section with the smaller silencer. The original silencer had some supporting brackets to bridge it to the pipes, one of my brackets snapped and I've read others with the same problem. Scorpion are sorting mine out on warranty though. The revised section obviously makes it louder, and gives it a far raspier note too, especially in the low/mid range.

Fitment and alignment to the bumper cut outs are also supposedly a pain!