ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive Volvo 340 Day

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So, my carbs have been shaking themselves loose over the last week or so leading to a couple of breakdowns.

@craigyt came to the rescue again with a little bit of custom bracket work and they're now spot on.

IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
That's a shame mate - all that hard work fixing it up over winter to sell for a daily diesel! Would have loved to see this at a couple of meets/shows - hope you make some sort of profit...?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That's a shame mate - all that hard work fixing it up over winter to sell for a daily diesel! Would have loved to see this at a couple of meets/shows - hope you make some sort of profit...?

No chance! Even if I get the 2k I'll be on my arse! Still, I'm not in it for the money

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Whats wrong with the scaffolding pipe!?

Glad you're keeping it fella I think its ace :up:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
9 hours on the Volvo yesterday with @craigyt!

IMG_3373.JPG

First on the agenda was to sort the exhaust out which has had a rough time over the last few weeks.

Weld life.
IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3376.JPG

Also, when we did the conversion we found out that the previous owner had just put a bolt in the dip stick which wasn't ideal. Unfortunately it was a sump off job to sort this.

IMG_3378.JPG

So now the sump is back on with fresh oil and filter and can now check the level!

Picture from the end of the day. The car is booked in for the rust on the door, arch and boot sorting on Friday so we'll see how that looks. I'll then be booking in at the body shop for paint and the car park dents sorting.

IMG_3380.JPG

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The 340 went in for some rust repairs on Friday. Had a hole in the rear arch and also a hole in the top of the drivers door.

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

Also the rear panel above the number plate was pretty screwed.

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

No pictures of the rear after the repairs but got some of the door and the rear wing. Really happy with the repair that's been done and just need to sort out getting the bits painted now.

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
From here it looks like it's hanging off the end of the hose. There's no hose (as far as I can see) on the other side of it, so nothing really to stop it sliding off the end and releasing the fuel hose.

106 rallye
The lead on the end of the silver filter is very long, the hose is on as far as it was on the old pump. Its on correctly it just looks wrong because of the lack of length cos the hose is a little too hard from the fuel

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The lead on the end of the silver filter is very long, the hose is on as far as it was on the old pump. Its on correctly it just looks wrong because of the lack of length cos the hose is a little too hard from the fuel

I get that the pipe is quite long, but there's rubber on only one side of the jubilee clip, no?

Way I was taught was that there should be hose either side of the jubilee, because to slide off it would have to squeeze the end of the hose before it could slide over it.

106 rallye
There is hose either side, what you can see is the excess jubilee hiding the hose. Zoom in and you will see it