ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

faulty clutch release bearing

Clio MK3
Hi all,

I have recently developed a problem with my Clio 3 1.4 16v Petrol. The car has started making a 'whining' noise when I rev it a little on a cold morning and move off in gear. The car will Rev soundly in neutral but as soon as the clutch is pressed in the noise appears.

I don't believe it to be the clutch going as it hasn't started slipping yet and the gears are easy enough to get in and out of. I'm thinking it could be the clutch release bearing?

Is it okay for me to leave it or will it need looking at as it only happens on cold mornings and disappears after 5 minutes when warming up. I might as well replace the clutch if the throw out bearing is a big job.

I have attached a quick video of what I am trying to explain.

Thanks for reading I look forward to hearing some responses.

Thanks, Connor.

MK3 Clio 2007 1.4
Hi Connor, i have just seen this post as i am having the exact same problem! The description litrally matches mine :/ did you eventually sort this out ?? if so what was the problem ? Thanks!

renault clio 1.4 16v
yea that sounds like release bearing, it is a bearing so they will last a fair bit even if they're dead but will fail when you least expect it or need it most... so best to get it sorted out... as you mentioned... might as well replace clutch disk while your in there