ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Feb 20, 2016] JP's House (Project Nick Frost & Stuff)

182cup & 172 racecar
It will have to be before that weekend, as it's our Dinner Dance Presentation eve on the 20th Feb

I'll keep you posted.

330i. E30 Touring.
Alright treacle.

TBH, i have no idea what i'm doing this weekend, let alone in Feb. Consider me 50/50 - if i'm about i'll make the trip!

Oh, also have an engine crane you can use if needed... xx

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
So gents. The list of parts I will have by the day is as follows:

Front and rear brakes (and brake fluid)
Shocks, springs, top mounts
Powerflex bushes (front arb, front wishbone)
Ball joints
Track Rods and Track rod ends
Cambelt and service kit (have cup alternator setup to install)
Valeo Clutch
Battery, cage, adapter for bulkhead (and cabling to relocate)
Tow strap
Exhaust

Parts I've not got yet, but should I?

Rear beam bushes (standard)
Handbrake cables
CV boots

Is there anything else you guys can think of that might be worth doing, whilst we'e attacking these areas?

330i. E30 Touring.
To get all of that done in a day is a big ask, even for the right team TBH.

I'd concentrate on engine bay. Rear beam bushes etc can wait IMO.

Engine out is going to be the quickest way probably, unless you drop the subframe and do the belt once the box is out, with the engine over a bit.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
To get all of that done in a day is a big ask, even for the right team TBH.

I'd concentrate on engine bay. Rear beam bushes etc can wait IMO.

Engine out is going to be the quickest way probably, unless you drop the subframe and do the belt once the box is out, with the engine over a bit.
That's fine dude. I'm just glad of the help. Suspension and brakes I can crack on with anyone myself.

I'll try and get some bits between now and then anyway. The motor is the area I'll definitely need help with!

330i. E30 Touring.
All you need to do is see the bits come off, so that once we stop play, you're good to put the rest back together..

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Just wondering if it's worth doing anything like coolant temp sensor, thermostat, etc, whilst the motor is out. I gather they're both pretty easy to change though should I need to at a later date.
Don't want to spend for the sake of.

330i. E30 Touring.
Thermostat, might as well. Sensor, nope, if it works, leave it.

Get some coolant too obvs.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
If I'm there (still trying to get the weekend off work!) then I can do the rear brakes / discs before I do the tea refuels