ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Feb 7, 2015] Cambs/Hunts Monthly Meet - Meet Details (Huntingdon)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
So after some discussion, it has been decided on a monthly meet and eat. The location has been chosen based on a few reasons. First off being location as it is fairly central and easy to get to for our area. The car park is big enough to accommodate a a fair size collection of Clios (and a hairdressers car for @Goodj). The food is also nice and reasonably priced. I trialled this last weekend and it seems the perfect location. This shows up on the map as Premier Inn, please ignore the part near the top that says "The Brampton Hut" as that is incorrect.

This monthly meet will take place on the first Saturday of every month at 7PM. We'll all meet in the car park and head inside for some food and a chat. Then afterwards if people want to, we can head off to find a photoshoot location.

All CS members are welcome, whether in a Clio or not. All I ask is for everyone that attends, is for them to RSVP a week in advanced at the latest, purely to book a table for the correct amount.

I look forward to meeting you all and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

@Euan94 @Goodj @Amos91 @benle @jord1995 @Dan... @brad259 @Corby G @Paul4d @Edo @xChewie @Damon65 @zxr400 @JS182

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
It's good to see a few of you have RSVP'd already.
@Paul-A welcome to the club and it would be good to see you at one of our meets.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
yes please..... if a Northamptonshire car can get in your Cambridgeshire possy....
Of course you are more then welcome mate. I'm covering the Northeastern part of Northants anyway, but even if I wasn't, you are more than welcome to attend any of my meets.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
So less than a month to go, it's looking to be a good meet.
I've managed to convince my missus to come along to this. Any more people up for this?

mk1 Octavia VRS
I should be able to make this. Anyone else going via the M11 let me know - weather dependant could take a cross country route.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
So this is this Saturday, I aim to book a table tomorrow night so I will need definite numbers. So please let me know if you have RSVP'd with a maybe.

@Dan... and @Corby G interested?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
That's a shame mate. Looks like I'll have to dig my camera out for some inferior photos.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yes is it still going ahead, very important hairdresser stuff to address

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Table is booked under the name of Owen Harrison. Due to it being pretty chilly, we will all meet inside.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Are you going to wear a red flower or something so we know who you are?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Are you going to wear a red flower or something so we know who you are?
That's more of a hairdresser thing right? ;)
But no I won't be wearing anything in particular. I'll be sat at the table we have booked, just say "Table booked for Owen Harrison" when you walk in and everything should go to plan.

Listerine & Poledo
7pm!?!?
FFS.
I need to be in London that night, I wasn't reading and that this was a daytime thing.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Useless!!

Yeah no worries, as you say it might not be necessary anyway!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Watch this space! (Good news is the insurance don't want any extra money? Even with 50 odd hp more)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Slight issue guys. Things have gone tits up with work and now I'm having to cover call out. I'm hoping to still make it but will obviously have to play it as it comes.
The meet is still on no matter what though and hope to see you all there.

Everyone just needs to go in and ask for "table under the name of Owen Harrison".

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Hope you make it still! How many people are going to be there. The 6 who've rsvp'd or more?

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Just looking at where it is, it is the place at brampton hut services yes? not where the map above says as thats just a farm?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Just looking at where it is, it is the place at brampton hut services yes? not where the map above says as thats just a farm?
Yes mate. It's at Brampton Hut, I don't know why the map shows somewhere else.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Gutted! Phones just rang and I'm now off to a breakdown. Was really looking forward to this.

Can someone take pictures and post them up in here for me please? Let me know how it goes and if it's successful we will repeat it, if not we can find another location for the meet.

I hope you all have a good time tonight and it goes well. Spare a thought for me out in the freezing cold.