ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fecking 'ell Megs!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What do you expect me to do with that?!

I opened up the Megs Super-Absorbant-Triple-Layer-Comfort-Water-Guzzler cloth for the first time after washing my car today. I expected a small square of cloth - not a bloody beach towel! I was in two minds whether or not to cut it in half, but I thought it would thread itself to bits in no time.

On a serious note, are these cloths supposed to be 'prepped' in anyway? I used it straight away and the results were far from impressive - leaving masses of water streaks all over the bodywork. I went back the trusty 'ol AutoGlym cloth and that worked a treat.

Any ideas lads?

Cheers,
D.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Never used one... I use the auto glym synthetic high asorber (or whatevea its called) for drying. Have done for years and like so havent bothered changing)

172 Cup
Aren't you meant to wash them first?

PS - Never use fabric softner on towels or they will be a lot less absorbant.

mine's spot on... couple of wipes over each panel.

to do the whole car i only have to wring it out once. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Are you on about the Megs Water Magnet??

Yes m8 - that's the one "Water Magnet Drying Towel".

brazo - nope, didn't wet it first - straight out of the packaging and onto the wet car. Maybe it was too cold to work properly?

D.

RS 200
Darren S said:
Yes m8 - that's the one "Water Magnet Drying Towel".

brazo - nope, didn't wet it first - straight out of the packaging and onto the wet car. Maybe it was too cold to work properly?

D.

Ahh OK,

Great towels I find, works best if you use your hose to sheet the water then leave a few minutes for the water to naturally run itself off, then use the Water Magnet to mop up any bits that are left, not enough water in mine to ring it out when I do it that way.

May get better after a wash too, mines been washed several times now and works great.

Chris

Skoda Fabia vRS
lately i use the water magnet and then use a microfibre to get the last bits off

there not as good as a chamois, but they are a bit kinder to the paintwork

I've got a Megs Water Magnet and wouldn't be without it, dries the entire car without ringing it out once.

However...

Make sure you use the "sheet" option on your hose (or take the gun off completely), this seems to reduce standing water by about half.

Wax your car. I use NXT Wax and the water just beads off effortlessly, especially using the right hose setting. Makes life so easy as its just a 5 minute job to dry it.

RS 200
ukaskew said:
I've got a Megs Water Magnet and wouldn't be without it, dries the entire car without ringing it out once.

However...

Make sure you use the "sheet" option on your hose (or take the gun off completely), this seems to reduce standing water by about half.

Wax your car. I use NXT Wax and the water just beads off effortlessly, especially using the right hose setting. Makes life so easy as its just a 5 minute job to dry it.

spot on imo :D

Octavia VRS
I use the Megs Water Magnet Drying Towel and find it works a treat on bodywork but not so much on glass

106 GTi
I just use my large drying towels folded up on the car sides and then unfold it for the roof and bonnet.

I do have the smaller half size ones for the lower doors and valances though.