ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my turbo'd cup

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
First of all apologies for the quality of the pictures as they're off a BB.

Quick spec of the car:

03 plate 172 cup, owned since 2008

Engine

Clio-turbo low boost turbo conversion (235bhp 227lbs ft)
Vibra technics engine mounts
Paddle clutch
Supersprint full exhaust and decat
Power flex dogbone mount

Suspension/Brakes

New cup dampers and top mounts
Cooksport springs
Pagid front discs
Ds2500 front pads
Braided lines
New OEM rear pads and discs

Wheels & Tyres

Speedline 2118's powdercoated black chrome with Federal RSR's
Also have:
Speedline turinis (16") painted trophy anthracite with conti's
Oz F1's with Michelin winter tyres
TPI polarised wheel bolts
25mm hubcentric front spacers
10mm rear stub axle spacers

Interior

Momo deep dished alcantara steering wheel with custom centre horn and blue stitching
Renault Scenic gearshift conversion with Richbrook knob

Exterior

Carbon fibre front splitter (third one due to breaking)
Carbon bullets (being replaced with standard soon)
Stubby aerial
De-badged rear

Future Plans

Quaife diff
Stage 2 power upgrade
Front camber bolts and full geo setup
Corbeau clubsports fully re-trimmed in grey cloth with blue sticking and Renaultsport stitching
Powdercoat top inlet and general engine tart-up.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on. Enjoy the pictures and any feedback would be great.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
That's lovely. Wish I had the cash to charge or turbo mine.
Thank you. I loved it N/A to be honest but now it's definitely stepped up a league in performance. Also if you want to turbo it Andy at Clio-turbo is your man. The guy is a brilliant bloke.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I'll try and do some today mate. I had all the pipe work done black along with the intercooler to keep the factory look.
As requested took a few more photos today. Put my original silver bullets back on. Miles better but need a bit of a clean.
Sealed my wheels with G-technik C5 which hopefully keeps the brake dust at bay.
IMG_00000031.jpg
IMG_00000032.jpg
IMG_00000034.jpg
IMG_00000036.jpg
IMG_00000038.jpg
IMG_00000039.jpg

320d
How do the low blow conversions drive? Very few people seem to stick to the 230bhp.

Car looks good pal.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Thanks mate. Now it's had some firmware upgrades and the tweak to the mapping it drives fantastic tbh. There is useable power from about 2500 rpm and it really comes alive after 4k. It isn't laggy at all and the way Chris (efi) maps it makes it very smooth throughout the Rev range.
If you think the standard car is quick you'll be amazed at the performance of the turbo cars. The only issue is once your bitten by the boost bug you'll be wanting more and more power ha ha. I would recommend having a clio turbo'd if your car is not your daily as some of the things required (mainly clutch & mounts) would piss u off if you drove it every day. As it likes open roads and not start/stop traffic as the clutch is either on or off.
The rest of the car copes admirably though and the stage 1 conversion seems just right for the chassis.
I am happy with 235bhp but you soon get used to it and Andy has taken me out in a stage 2 car and that absolutely flew.
Hope that helps mate.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cool but me personally I'd have it a bit lower but I guess that means going on adjustable suspension which I'm guessing you don't want.

Is it necessary to have the paddle clutch then? Is there a option for a daily driver clutch on these kits?

320d
Thanks mate. Now it's had some firmware upgrades and the tweak to the mapping it drives fantastic tbh. There is useable power from about 2500 rpm and it really comes alive after 4k. It isn't laggy at all and the way Chris (efi) maps it makes it very smooth throughout the Rev range.
If you think the standard car is quick you'll be amazed at the performance of the turbo cars. The only issue is once your bitten by the boost bug you'll be wanting more and more power ha ha. I would recommend having a clio turbo'd if your car is not your daily as some of the things required (mainly clutch & mounts) would piss u off if you drove it every day. As it likes open roads and not start/stop traffic as the clutch is either on or off.
The rest of the car copes admirably though and the stage 1 conversion seems just right for the chassis.
I am happy with 235bhp but you soon get used to it and Andy has taken me out in a stage 2 car and that absolutely flew.
Hope that helps mate.

Mine isn't a daily mate, it's pretty much track only. I would like to go out in a boosted car, just to see if I think it would make me enjoy the car more.

Thanks for the reply.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Looks cool but me personally I'd have it a bit lower but I guess that means going on adjustable suspension which I'm guessing you don't want.

Is it necessary to have the paddle clutch then? Is there a option for a daily driver clutch on these kits?
I'd love it lower but this suspension setup offers me 80% of the "look" I wanted with 100% of the ride quality and fast road performance. I hate crashy suspension and it also helps cope with the power as it doesn't get flustered over bump roads. I have considered the B14's and may have them in future.
In regards to the clutch I know a few have the standard one but mine was slipping on the dyno and it wasn't very old. This is a helix with the standard plate so it is the best compromise. Once you get moving the clutch is fine and as long as u blip on downchanges (not a chore :smile:) it doesn't chirrup. It's only in start/stop traffic when you constantly pulling away it becomes a complete ball ache. You feel like an idiot behind the wheel quite frankly as pulling away smoothly becomes an art form ha ha. The power is ok it's the torque that the standard one struggles with. Apart from that tho it's, to quote Gary Barlow: absolutely fantastic. :tongueout:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Mine isn't a daily mate, it's pretty much track only. I would like to go out in a boosted car, just to see if I think it would make me enjoy the car more.

Thanks for the reply.
If your ever around the brum area I'll gladly take you out in mine mate. I think once you've witnessed the performance difference and drivability you'd be hooked. So the answer to the would you enjoy it more I'd say yes you would mate. A lot!! Ha ha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Love the subtlety. Pulls up too lights looks to the left, pffft a Clio.
Ah a rather quick Clio'.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Love the subtlety. Pulls up too lights looks to the left, pffft a Clio.
Ah a rather quick Clio'.
Ha ha I've had that quite a few times. People wanted to race it standard but now it's quite fun watching some quick stuff disappear into the distance. Mk2 Focus RS driver the other day was quite comical. :smiley:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I bet. Are these things that quick? I've driven one but for a short period and it did go well

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Well you can never really tell how hard the other driver is trying but it feels pretty rapid yes. I was doing about 60mph on the m5 he accelerated in front of me then pulled over into the middle lane still accelerating and I went past him with ease. Up to 70mph tho obviously........
Also had a duel with a C63 AMG down a slip road and he only got about a cars length in front of me. I thought he'd just disappear so I was quite surprised tbh. And I knew he was trying as the noise it made was immense.

RB Clio 182
Looks great mate, really like the rims.

I agree tho, I have his kit two turbo build and it does fly tbh, it feels quite tame in the low boost setting at around 230 bhp compared.
Still pretty quick mind.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Looks great mate, really like the rims.

I agree tho, I have his kit two turbo build and it does fly tbh, it feels quite tame in the low boost setting at around 230 bhp compared.
Still pretty quick mind.
Thanks mate. They're off a euro cup racer car ET48 offset i think. They were white originally but really wanted something a bit different. The wheel only weighs 7.2kg too which is really noticeable compared with my old turinis.
When i went out with Andy in a car with stage 2 i was astonished, real difference when it gets into third gear. Would want a diff in it as that power tho as first and second were a challenge for traction. Your car is quality too mate by the way.

RB Clio 182
They do look great mate I love the colour of them.

Cheers mate, Its slowly getting there, I'm not sure what to go for next :)

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
They do look great mate I love the colour of them.

Cheers mate, Its slowly getting there, I'm not sure what to go for next :smile:
I think that will be the age old problem with any project....when is the best time to stop ha ha. When talking to Andy about optimum power/chassis handling he reckons stage 2 and a bit is probably the best compromise with a diff. I think mine with another 50 odd horses and torques will be more than enough for me though. :wink:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Just out of interest what made you go for the 02m box?? I am intrigued what it would bring to the package at stage 2 tune really.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
There far far stronger than the chocolate Renault items and obviously having 6 speeds is a bonus.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Just got my car out of hibernation. Gave it a quick detail over the weekend. Just needs MOT, and a few bits doing next week and then back on the road after nearly a year. Anyway, here it is:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg