ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my turbo'd cup

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Gorgeous. Any reason for hibernation??
Thanks mate, moved house last Dec and tbh the car just took a back seat. Turbo nuts worked loose from the heat and I haven't been arsed to get them done along with a few other minor bits. I can't wait to get it back on the road, hopefully this week.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
Seats back from the re-trimmers today:

Colour matched with the original cloth, blue stitching, Renaultsport embossed and Bentley stitching on the cushions. I love them. Club sport spec interior may now begin....

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Your car as a whole is very nicely done

Good to see some are still really cared for

Appreciate the comments mate. Though you wouldn't think it as currently it's covered in s**t after a road trip. Gonna give it some love at the weekend I think.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
They look too nice to actually sit in!

Darent ask about the price for them doing.

Funny you should say that as that's exactly the same as the guy said today when I collected them ha ha. I'll PM details if your interested but not that much tbh.

Erm... Those seats :yum::yum::dizzy:
This is a rather nice car! very well taken care of, just shows when you said 3rd carbon lip... after the second one I'd have paid Skoda for a fabia one! but its a very nice addition

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Omg! They look amazing ?! Pricey ?

Thanks mate. Secondhand Corbreau Clubsports and retrim were under £900. I've had them sititing in the garage for while whilst figuring out what to do with them.

With all additions to the car I want them to look Iike Factory extras rather than aftermarket as love the OEM+ look.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Funny you should say that as that's exactly the same as the guy said today when I collected them ha ha. I'll PM details if your interested but not that much tbh.

Was just being nosey more than anything else tbh.

They do look amazing though!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely motor, looking forward to the engine bay tart up as only thing sort of 'letting it down' as it were

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
lovely motor, looking forward to the engine bay tart up as only thing sort of 'letting it down' as it were

Thanks mate. Completely agree about the engine. A lot of it will be seeing the powdercoaters this year as everytime I open the bonnet a little part of me dies

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Is it On the road yet?
Yes mate thanks. Running quite well bar a little misfire when at full throttle around 4 grand. Gonna spend some money on new suspension setup and diff in the next month or so as I can never stop tinkering.

Will definitely come to the next west mids meet if there is one in the pipeline... might have it clean by then too.

182 Turbo
In regards to how quick these actually are, im on my second boosted clio now (current one is a low boost 230bhp) and my first one was a ph1 which chip-mk1 now owns built by james and mike at stone (guys who made the rs2) which was 260bhp and honestly, there is no real world difference in speed, even at 230bhp i feel like the Clio needs a diff to properly hold the power down. I honestly dont think all the extra cost of making a high boost clio (280bhp) is worth it, considering the extra stress on the gearbox etc plus a diff is only going to add more stress to an already weak gearbox.
I would opt for a low boost Clio every time now, the torque is perfect for the chasis and keeps somewhat of the reliability and still kills pretty much everything on the road.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
In regards to how quick these actually are, im on my second boosted clio now (current one is a low boost 230bhp) and my first one was a ph1 which chip-mk1 now owns built by james and mike at stone (guys who made the rs2) which was 260bhp and honestly, there is no real world difference in speed, even at 230bhp i feel like the Clio needs a diff to properly hold the power down. I honestly dont think all the extra cost of making a high boost clio (280bhp) is worth it, considering the extra stress on the gearbox etc plus a diff is only going to add more stress to an already weak gearbox.
I would opt for a low boost Clio every time now, the torque is perfect for the chasis and keeps somewhat of the reliability and still kills pretty much everything on the road.
My thoughts exactly mate. I won't be adding anymore power as I think it is pointless. My efforts will now be towards proper fast road suspension (BC coilovers, full OEM refresh, roll centre kit, rear arb) brakes (4 pot brembos) and a diff. Either M factory or Quaife.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG
Well I've trial fitted the drivers seat today. Also went about installing the new blue seat belts I bought. Have destroyed my original belt for the bracket that goes inside the B pillar and will need some more nuts and bolts to finish it off.

I've also re-installed my straight through Supersprint centre pipe so made a little video, which isn't the best bought thought I'd post it up anyway.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Video won't upload for some reason. Will try again later on.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Ah ok. Seats look fab :smile:
Thanks mate, gonna try and finish them next weekend then I'll strip out the rear seats and carpet the rear. Also gonna get my trimmer to do me a new gear stick gaitor as the standard Renault one is gash. Grey alcantara with blue stitching me thinks.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
Seats are in!! Took the rear seats out and all other unnecessary gubbins. Really pleased with them. Just need to get the rear carpet trimmed up and a alcantara gear gaiter. Then I'm going to get a abarth bipisto style rear bar made up with some netting to jazz up the rear a bit. Don't really want to put a roll cage in tbh. Anyway pics added:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Well they're in. Really pleased with them. Just need to get the rear carpet trimmed up along with a new alcantara gear gaiter. Then will be looking to make up a abarth bipisto rear harness style bar which will then finish off the interior. Anyway pics....

IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Where did you get the seat belts mate?.looks good @BoostedSi
eBay mate, they're universal belts that I've had to modify a little to fit. You can get them in all manner of colours. The main reason for them, apart from colour was they came with the belt brackets.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cool,i have been thinking if you can get coloured sear belts as would look good with the cup & that i need to change the passenger side belt anyway to.

How much of a job is it to change the belts mate? @BoostedSi